Telecaster Deluxe build

Plug it in today with a Vox AC30 amPlug.  Neck pickup works, switch works, but no bridge sound, and lots of hum.

But at least something works.

Jack_H said:
Plug it in today with a Vox AC30 amPlug.  Neck pickup works, switch works, but no bridge sound, and lots of hum.

But at least something works.

Funny, I had the exact same issue with mine. Check the 3 way switch connection. It sits so close to the body on the inside cavity that when I installed the guard it broke the solder joint to the bridge pickup lead off the switch. once I soldered it everything was good.

The saga continued...

[tale of woe and sadness redacted]

I ended up replacing all the innards with EMG parts, with HZ H4/H4A pickups and their plug-and-play wiring.  What took over an hour soldering took only about 20 minutes.  But even then I managed to get the neck and bridge pot connection backward. But unlike soldering this was an easy fix, after unstringing, removing the neck, unscrewing 16 pickguard screws...

But man does it sound great!  And probably because of Deluxe's design with large humbucker and control routings, through-body stringing, and pickguard cover, playing unplugged it gives an acoustic vibe.

So here it is, again.

Attachments

• IMG_2824.jpg
    IMG_2824.jpg
    673.9 KB · Views: 21
Looks like a perfect color match between the body and neck. 
I usually go high contrast between body and neck because a near miss looks awful to my eyes, but you nailed it - congratulations!

Back