Telebastard

Is the body a Warmoth finish or your own?  Is the neck unfinished/burnished?  Details, please!  :glasses9:

Both the body and neck finish was done by Warmoth. Honey burst body, and clear satin nitro on the neck. After I applied the ink transfer logo, I brought it to GTA Guitar Repairs here in Toronto, and had the headstock shot with a nitro finish.

My ONLY complaint about the guitar is that the fret edges on the high E side were filed a little too much inward, causing the string to slip off the board if I get too aggressive when playing. But I think moving the string over via the saddle and nut slot will be an easy fix for this.

Full specs!

Neck :

Style: Stratocaster®
Construction: Modern Construction
Orientation: Right Handed
Neck Wood: Mahogany
Fingerboard Wood: Indian Rosewood
Nut Width: 1-11/16"
Back Shape: 59 roundback
Fret Size: 6150
Tuner Ream: Gotoh/Grover (13/32" 11/32")
Radius: Straight 12"
Scale: 25-1/2"
Fret #: 22
Mounting Holes: Standard 4 Bolt
Pre-Cut Installed String Nut: GraphTech White TUSQ XL - Standard Nut
Inlays: Mother Of Pearl Dots
Side Dots: White Side Dots
Finish: Clear Satin Nitro
Rosewood headstock veneer

Body:

Model: Chambered Telecaster®
Orientation: Right handed
F-Holes: None
Scale: 25-1/2"
Wood: Flame Maple on Mahogany
UC Front Laminate: LT1608
Rout: Rear Rout
Pickup Rout: Humbucker (Neck), None (Middle), Humbucker (Brdg)
Controls: V-T-X (Tele)
Controls: Upper Tog (LP®)
Bridge: Recessed TOM-Angled Strings
Stud Install: Use inserts from bridge on order
Jack Rout: 3/4" (19mm) Side Jack Hole
Neck Pocket: Strat® Shape
Mounting Holes: Standard 4 Bolt
Contours: / Tummy Cut / Forearm Contour
Binding: Natural Masked Accent
Top Finish: Honey Burst
Back Finish: Honey Burst

Always like a nice Telepaul.  Surprised you didn't go with the carved top.  Very nice guitar, congrats!

Exceedingly beautiful. The photography is excellent too.  I always appreciate ample shots as well as clear, close ups.  Well done.

A little update :

The neck was sitting pretty high in the pocket (see first pic below). This was causing the bridge to be set pretty high as well. The steep break angle of the strings over the bridge to the body was causing the guitar to play fairly "stiff". I had the pocket deepened to essentially create a "720 Mod". The compliance is much more elastic when bending now and the guitar feels really great after this mod :

Before

6.jpg

After

10.jpg

11.jpg

I am finding myself with this same problem on my current build. What kind of set up did you use to do this mod? Just a router and a ball bearing routing bit? Great work!

I've done it. You might want to review this video...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5cfzml-nDc[/youtube]

You do essentially the same thing if you want to lower the floor of an existing pocket.

That is a great one Cagey. The body on the VIP has a bit of curve to it. Probabley could make some plexiglass shims to make it fit nice to the body and get a solid base.

Sorry for the late reply. Yup, this was accomplished with a router but with a bearing bit, which only cuts the floor and not the walls.

kuhboom said:
Sorry for the late reply. Yup, this was accomplished with a router but with a bearing bit, which only cuts the floor and not the walls.

No worries thanks for the reply. Great job too.

Back