Tele-violin

DangerousR6 said:
stratamania said:
BeagJon said:
stratamania said:
It gets my vote although it is the first time I have seen a picture of the back of this FCS violin inspired Tele. In this case, whilst it is, pardon the pun, a good looking piece of fiddle back, I think they should have to complete the look gone set neck and not gone for a completely bare look to the back of the neck.

I might have also liked a subtle volute even if small, to match what violins have.

A good suggestion. I tend towards, when volutes are used, to prefer the more subtle variety.
Yes, obnoxious, overbearing volutes just get on my nerves... :laughing11:

Exactly  :glasses9:

How about a bass too....
271522660_1026187511266786_8265934566332891090_n.png

Perhaps not made by a player although it looks quite nice, it has a volute which seems to extend to almost the 1st fret.

stratamania said:
Perhaps not made by a player although it looks quite nice, it has a volute which seems to extend to almost the 1st fret.
Probably would have been a bit cooler with a scroll headstock... :dontknow:

DangerousR6 said:
stratamania said:
Probably would have been a bit cooler with a scroll headstock... :dontknow:

Perhaps. I don't often play double bass but when I do I roll with a scroll.  :laughing7:

stratamania said:

Ya, that volute is insane. Definitely not made by a player.

And I do a quiet eye-roll any time I see something trying too hard to be too clever with a Strat jack.

DangerousR6 said:
So how's about a mando-lin....Or is it a vio-lin?.... :dontknow:
51867335035_ae930b8792_b.jpg

Don't know what that is, who built it, or when, but suddenly I think an offset violin would be killer!

The Aaron said:
stratamania said:

And I do a quiet eye-roll any time I see something trying too hard to be too clever with a Strat jack.
:toothy12:, it's almost invisible...

teleme01 said:
its a ukulele isnt it?  4 string/8 string

A Ukelele would usually be 4 string and has nothing in common with violin tuning in that regard.

A Mandolin usually has 4 pairs of strings and frets and has the string pairs tuned in 5ths like a violin from low to high G,D,A,E.  Each sting in a pair is tuned to the same note as the other.

The Aaron said:
stratamania said:

Indeed the strat-jack shaped plate is a bit over the top also...

stratamania said:

I have an ESP EII-ST2 that is a fantastic guitar in all respects. One of my personal favorites, in fact.

Except for this nonsense:

amplifier-and-effects-pedal-product-shoots-shutterstock-editorial-4752211v.jpg

The Aaron said:
stratamania said:

I have an ESP EII-ST2 that is a fantastic guitar in all respects. One of my personal favorites, in fact.

Ah, I think the Charvel Guthrie model has a similar set up. It does seem a little contrived use of a Strat jack plate. Especially when there are barrel sockets and football type plates etc.

The Aaron said:
stratamania said:

Exactly, why not just use a standard side jack style, why get cute with a strat style jack... :doh:
But I do see what the intent was, it's all about the limiting the bend angle of the cable... :dontknow:

Back