Tele Body - Strat Neck... Problem?

ryanjurek

I want to build a Tele with a Strat Neck.  Is there any reason this would not work, or are there any things I need to be concerned about?

>>>>>I've read at Warmoth that a Strat neck on a Tele body will fit and intonate correctly.  It's just those darn gaps...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  :toothy10:

Ryan

Max said:
You may be able to order a strat neck with a tele heel. That should get rid of the gap.

It will have a upcharged for that...

And a normal strat neck will fit the tele pocket and, if you choose 22 frets, it won't appear... If you choose a neck with 21 frets, it will...

The reverse is not true... a tele neck won't fit a strat body...

BTW, I saw at least 2 threads about this subject in the forum and there is a good explanation at Warmoth webside... the "search button" is your friend  :icon_biggrin:

+1 what Nonsense said....also you can order a tele body with a strat neck pocket. No upcharge but it's non-returnable.  :icon_thumright:

Jackthehack has his, ask him, I just saw it today, sorry, don't know where. PM him and tell him your question! :hello2:

If you're getting a 22 fret neck and using a pickguard you'll never see the gap. The overhang on a 22 fret neck covers the gap and then all you need is a pickguard with a Strat shaped heel cut in it. No worries, works fine.

Back