Summer Project #1

tfarny

Master Member
Well I got this body off of Mr. E from the forum (thanks, it's perfect) and the neck is a mighty mite with sperzel tuners and a fender decal, used from the bay. The neck looks pretty straight but the proof is in the stringing up. I'll either turn it into the designated slide guitar or finish and resell. Just got to have a project, you know. This body has a lot more green/brown streaking than my other one and has a lot of darker and lighter spots, so I might shoot for a darker trans brown type of finish.

...the designated slide guitar....

This covers an amazing variety of BeaterPhonic Deluxes, huh? :hello2: When people say "Wall itsa good slide guitar" they usually mean it's a not-so good anything-else guitar. :toothy12:

I know - right now I've got my walnut / rosewood thinline with the Lollar pups, the action all jacked up and heavy strings on it, and it's frustrating me because that's such a great axe to rock out with, and all I ever do is practice my open G and D scale licks over some 8- and 12- bar progressions. Well that's not all, but it's a good part of it. Misuse of such a sweet machine, even though it produces a really sweet slide tone with some tube OD. So maybe doing something like this project and slapping 13s on it is the way to go, I dunno. The body and neck together (and sperzels) were less than $200, and I'm not about to buy a squier or something. Maybe I'll just turn around and resell it, who knows. It's finishing practice, if nothing else.

Sweet guys, I gotta new project now...(after my warmoth, hahaha). My SG which has loveable tone and horrible frets and intonation issues, will become my slide guitar, when i get a warmoth to take over normal duties...

Man that is some light (colored) poplar. I LOVE the figuring on the back, it will look so good with a trans finish. Looking forward to this!

put a hipshot trilogy bridge on it and make it the designated EVERYTHING guitar!  :headbang: i ordered a trilogy... now i need a strat body to put it on.

THAT is a beautiful strat body. if you end up selling on the bay one day let me know! that'll look awesome

Back