string thru body option on carved top LP/LPS

olgluefoot

Sorry if this is already in here/been addressed. But why can I only choose string thru option on a flat top guitar with the TOM bridge recess?  :sad: :sad: Its obvious it can easily be done.

a recessed TOM bridge would be too low for the tailpiece to firmly hold the strings in the bridge saddles. Recessed TOM's can only come with the string thru option for that reason. If you want the traditional tailpiece, you will have to have lose the recess and get an angled neck pocket.

rockskate4x said:
a recessed TOM bridge would be too low for the tailpiece to firmly hold the strings in the bridge saddles. Recessed TOM's can only come with the string thru option for that reason. If you want the traditional tailpiece, you will have to have lose the recess and get an angled neck pocket.

^read the title

to the OP, i dont know why you cant get string through on a carve top, maybe too much angle over the saddles? :dontknow:

can't you get a non recess tune-o-matic on a flat top with string through like a flying V? why can't they route a carve top like that?

Hmm, all good questions!  :icon_scratch:  but I wouldn't get that option myself.

Back