Spruce top tele (aka Rita)

nullref

Finally got the guitar back from after having the frets worked on and I figured I should post a few pics of the finished product.

Specs:
Spruce on Solid Padouk
Double bound with White binding
Ebony (Black) on Padouk neck
'59 Profile w/ SS6105 frets
Bare Knuckle Yardbird Pickups
All nickel hardware

Pics:
WP_20160326_11_46_44_Pro_LI_zpsqb2ozrgh.jpg

WP_20160326_11_47_10_Pro_LI_zpsvjuzk7w1.jpg

WP_20160326_11_47_29_Pro_LI_zps18neq2id.jpg

WP_20160326_12_19_29_Pro_LI_zpsxwtkta4z.png

That is truly beautiful! Hope is sounds / plays as good as it looks.

Congrats on such a nice guitar.

Man that's sweet. I want one, but maybe a spruce topped velocity.

Guitarsan said:
Nice! Very unique - what's the tone like compared to a regular Tele?

Good question...  I would have a hard time describing it...  Mainly because this is my first tele and I've only been playing for a couple of years.  From the comments that were made while a couple of buddies were playing it... 

One was surprised by the amount of top end present while using the neck pickup.  That might just be the pickups...  It could be the Padouk...  IDK.  One mentioned that it has a bit more sustain then they were expecting...  Potentially Padouk related again.  Universally though, they all thought it sounded like a tele and it was too heavy for them.  Which honestly is a few ounces short of my Les Paul.

Hope that helps.

That's a beauty. Congratulations on a fine build.
How do you like the Yardbirds?

Hbom said:
That's a beauty. Congratulations on a fine build.
How do you like the Yardbirds?

I like them, a lot.  The bridge has more than enough bite...  The neck is really nice and full.  The middle position though is where the magic is IMO.

Really nice look. I had thought about doing a spruce topped Tele some day, maybe with a piezo bridge.

Back