Spertzel routing - 13/32 vs. 25/64

I can sorta understand that.

Back when I was burning up mega-hours copping Satriani's licks, I about wore out the neck on my Levinson Blade. I would never have replaced it; I'd have re-fretted it, and if it wasn't perfect I'd have cried. I couldn't do that stuff on any other guitar without introducing all sorts of error. Lord knows I tried. But, I was essentially a one-guitar man at that point. Might be a failing, but that's where I was at.

I have the same problem with computer keyboards. I use an old IBM Model M 'board, and if I have to use something else, my typing speed/accuracy goes in the toilet. I mean, deep in the toilet. On a really new 'board like you'd get with a Best Buy special, I almost can't type at all. It'll seem like I can, but the error rate goes so far up I have to expend 4 times the effort to clear up all the typos. Luckily, Model M 'boards last forever.

The tactical/muscle memory in our fingers/hands is surprisingly sensitive. Somebody watching me type might think I'm highly coordinated, but it's mostly automatic. Change the situation even slightly, and all that apparent skill goes out the window. Or, deep in the toilet. Or somewhere.

I know this is old conversation but... I bought a screamin deals neck and its drilled 25/64 , I also bought the stagers hipshots which is compatible with 8.5mm . What is the answer, do I need to send them back, conversion sleeve or make the hole a different size?

I know this is old conversation but... I bought a screamin deals neck and its drilled 25/64 , I also bought the stagers hipshots which is compatible with 8.5mm . What is the answer, do I need to send them back, conversion sleeve or make the hole a different size?

Hipshots would normally need the 25/64" holes which may need to be widened slightly. But if you have ordered Vintage Style Hipshots, you would be better to exchange them.

Last edited:
Back