Specs for my build (updated)

O

Orange Tortex

After some suggestions from people who know what they’re doing better than me, here’s my specs. (On the correct sub forum)

Body
Solid-body Strat
Right-handed
Alder
No laminate top/unique choice
Rear-routed
HH layout - wood mounted
Tone 1, tone 2, 5-way switch routs
Floyd with angled pocket - use inserts from bridge on order
7/8” side jack hole
Strat shape/standard 4 bolt neck pocket
No contoured heel
No finish

Neck
Slapshot headstock
Modern construction
Maple shaft/fretboard
No unique choice
1-11/16” nut width
Right-handed
Wolfgang profile
10-16” compound radius
22 frets
No scalloping
No binding
SS6150 (stainless steel/standard jumbo) fret wire
Schaller (25/64”)
Black face/side dots
R3 Floyd with mounting holes
Standard 4-bolt
Clear satin nitro finish

That looks better though it might have been better to add to the existing thread as that one already exists  and it would provide continuity.

Again I would look to not get the holes drilled for tone and tone but drill them yourself or get someone to do it for you.

Take a look in the showcase at this body to see how tone and tone is positioned.
https://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?Body=2&Shape=10&Path=Soloist&i=SLCP172

I agree with Stratamania. I’m doing a Soloist as well, and I didn’t like where they put the potholes, so I just let them do the 5 way blade slot and two screw holes for it, since that takes a little more finesse, but that control cavity is HUGE, it’s GINORMOUS, so you’ll have plenty of room to put your controls exactly where you want them.

…unless the tone/tone locations already are exactly where you want them, in which case, you’re all set.

And I could be incorrect on this, but I’m pretty sure if you tell them not to drill those holes, it’s not going to delay anything, especially this early into the build.

Back