Special "catchy" way of marketing pickups.

It does sound a bit like a food.

Vince: You know what they put on their Alnico pickups in Amsterdam?
Jules: No.
Vince: Mayo.
Jules: Whut?
Vince: I ain't kiddin', man! They drown 'em in that shitt!
Jules: No way!
Vince: And you know what they call a Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder w/ split coils in France?
Jules: No.
Vince: A Royale.
Jules: Why's that?
Vince: They got the metric system. They don't know what a quarter pound is.

pulp_fiction.jpg

...for those who need the dots connected.  :laughing7:

Is Cherokee your first language, Tony?  'Cause if so , you are a very rare bird in that respect.  I, for one, have really enjoyed how you share the ways you integrate your guitar hobby with your culture.

Bagman67 said:
Is Cherokee your first language, Tony?  'Cause if so , you are a very rare bird in that respect.  I, for one, have really enjoyed how you share the ways you integrate your guitar hobby with your culture.

Unfortunately, it is not my first language, I'm still learning much of it, and more words are being added to the syllabry each year. Much of what I know in English cannot be translated into Cherokee because the context within our culture doesn't include it.  For instance, communicating that I own my home in English is easy, but to do so in Cherokee has to have the context changed to allow the language to adjust to it.  "I am a steward of the home I live in" would be a more appropriate way of saying "I own my home" in Cherokee.  Another way of saying this in Cherokee would be "I have been entrusted with the stewardship of this home".

It's a complex language, and certain phonetics aren't in Cherokee that are in English, but then again, there are many other phonetics in Cherokee that don't exist in English.

While Cherokee is indeed my "native" language, I was taught and am still being taught Cherokee in reverse, meaning that I learned English first, and am learning my own language 2nd.

That's the great thing about this place.  No matter where one lives on this planet, all of us here speak the same language; music.

Back