Spalted Tele

riverbluff

Well, here it is...

2884144624_233cdf0925_b.jpg

2883306915_8561650c75_b.jpg

2883308563_6920520a85_b.jpg

2883309007_b3d21e8811_b.jpg

2884146568_19d5071c70_b.jpg

All that is left to do is perform the final set up. 

Specs are:

Spalted Maple/Alder body finish by Warmoth in Clear Gloss
Pau Ferro/Pau Ferro neck 1 11/16 standard Thin Contour 6105 SS frets
Planet Waves locking tuners
250K pots and .22. cap
BareKnuckle Piledrive pickups in Bridge and Neck.

It sound great.  Very tight driving sound with the gain on the amp cranked up and the volume on the guitar at full, but really has that tele sound when you roll off the volume a bit.  Super clean on the clean channel.

Very happy with the neck so far.  It feels fantastic and it appears to be about perfect with just the bacis set up.  Once the strings went on, it pulled to the correct relief, and there appears to be no dead spots on any of the frets.  The Warmoth installed nut is about as perfect as you can get.  As long as it all stays that way through the rest of the set up.

V/R
Bill

Final set up is complete.  Very happy with the way this came out.  The frets and nut needed no tweaking and adjusting the proper relief in the neck was tons eaiser then I thought. The neck feels fantastic, very slick and fast feeling. 

Over all weight is right at 9lbs, which is actually heavier then my LP.

The Piledrive pickups sound great!  Very tight sounding at full gain throug my JCM 800.  Clean it has that classic tele tone.  I would recommend this pickup set to anyone.  They seem perfect for more aggressive punk such as Bad Religion, heaveier Green Day, etc...

Bill

riverbluff said:
Final set up is complete.  Very happy with the way this came out.  The frets and nut needed no tweaking and adjusting the proper relief in the neck was tons eaiser then I thought. The neck feels fantastic, very slick and fast feeling. 

Over all weight is right at 9lbs, which is actually heavier then my LP.

The Piledrive pickups sound great!  Very tight sounding at full gain throug my JCM 800.  Clean it has that classic tele tone.  I would recommend this pickup set to anyone.  They seem perfect for more aggressive punk such as Bad Religion, heaveier Green Day, etc...

Bill
I put my spalted tele on the scale and she is 2lbs 2 ounces. I figure with the neck and all the electronics and hardware should be around 5.5 to 6lbs...

That Tele is exquisite. I cannot remember ever seeing a guitar i like more here. Shes one in a million. Never let her go!
Looks like Leonardo DiVinci  himself did the artwork on the front of that!
When people on the Fender Forum ask "Why Warmoth?", I'm not even going to waste my breath anymore- I'll just show a picture of your Tele.
If you ever want to sell or trade that, contact me immediatly!

Thanks!  I find out tomorrow if I still have it.  My stuff from my move to germany gets delivered tomorrow.  I hope I still own it.

Hope you don't get any surprises..... like me

this is how I found my strat after having it shipped from Europe to the US:

fender4.jpg

Mark O said:
Hope you don't get any surprises..... like me

this is how I found my strat after having it shipped from Europe to the US:

fender4.jpg
Ohhhhh, that's not cool....."United breaks guitars"....... :doh:

Back