Spaltcaster - finally finished!

Guitarsan

Finally finished my spalted maple Tele. (First build, woohoo!) A modern take on the the venerable Telecaster....

Looks like flames and smoke are spewing out the "back" of both pickups, love it! And that full-on 3D flame, a hint of it on the headstock, and then check out the view I have when I play. (last photo  :guitarplayer2:)

I think it rivals any Fender Custom Shop build, if not exceeds them.

Stats

Body: Telecaster, spalted maple on mahogany, brown to clear burst, transparent brown on back

Neck: Flamed maple neck on Indian Rosewood fretboard, MOP inlay dots

Pickups

Neck: Dimarzio Area T stacked (noiseless)
Bridge: Joe Barden Engineering (JBE) Modern T Bridge staggered blade

Bridge:Babicz Full Contact

spalt1_zpsrdpxoiaz.jpg

spalt2_zpst2s82r1e.jpg

spalt3_zpsaituaona.jpg

spalt4_zpsrlgatjtu.jpg

spalt5_zpssoisagfe.jpg

spalt6_zpsat55thdb.jpg

spalt7_zpsouskwtij.jpg

spalt9_zpskcesmjqp.jpg

spalt10_zpspmfclhqj.jpg

spalt8_zpsumylznpn.jpg

Tough break, pal.  It's a cryin' shame that with all those lovely parts, you couldn't put together a guitar you'll be okay with dinging for the first time.  Too damn pretty to play.  So the obvious solution is to send it to me, right?

Seriously, beautiful choices and beautifully integrated.  Congratulations.

Bagman

You hurry up and get that thing entered in the GOM contest ASAP. I need you to get your win out of the way for when I finish my Tele!

Criminy that's beautiful! I love the look of spalt maple – lovely!

Bet it plays real nice.

(And how do you like that JB pup?)

Thanks for all the nice compliments, I appreciate them all!  This started with the body... just couldn't get it out of my mind after I saw it. And, I'd never paid attention to spalted maple before at all. This one just spoke to me. I bought one neck for it a bit later, and then afterwards saw a second one, the one I decided to use. Sold the first neck and the rest is history. The flame on the neck is just stunning....very deep into the wood. I just love I can see it from the playing position, makes me smile.

Gemcutter said:
You hurry up and get that thing entered in the GOM contest ASAP. I need you to get your win out of the way for when I finish my Tele!

Haha, alright, I think I will!

Glimmer said:
Criminy that's beautiful! I love the look of spalt maple – lovely!

Bet it plays real nice.

(And how do you like that JB pup?)

Love the JBE pup! This one is the modern T bridge version. http://jbepickups.com/t-styles/

I wanted noise free pups for this build. Went with the JBE Modern T for the bridge and I'm very happy I did. Still has that twang and glassy sound of a single coil Tele, but isn't "tinny" like regular Tele bridge pups can be - it's "full range" is how I'd describe it.

Went for a more traditional look for the neck pup, so narrowed it down to the DiMarzio Area T. http://www.dimarzio.com/pickups/tele/hum-canceling/area-t-neck The power output is roughly the same as the bridge pup, which is nice as well.

There you go!

Då säger jag igen att det är en väldigt fin gitarr.  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Back