Sorry it's late...

GuitarEC

Figured that I would post my first Warmoth build...  Say hello to "EMC-1" (hopefully the first in a long line to come - heh)

Body was Showcase VIP - Neck is Bubinga / Pau Ferro with MOP inlays.

Really great sound, and the electronics allow a great range of flexibility.

Please pardon the picture - this is one of my promo pictures taken with the Praise and Worship band I joined...

Eric "GuitarEC"

Attachments

• Emc-1.jpg
    Emc-1.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 587
I like it a lot!! great picture too!
Would love to see more pics of the back!

Great looking VIP, and yeah... I'm with the others, the pic iscool as well. 

It's nice to see a Warmoth without someone's couch as the background.
:kewlpics:
erik

The two 3-way mini-toggles are coil selectors for each pick-up.  Allows me to select either coil individually, or together as a standard humbucker.

The lower most knob is a 6 position / 4 pole rotary switch I use to select / configure the pick-ups.  Going clock-wise:

Position 1 - Bridge Only
Position 2 - Neck / Bridge (Parallel)
Position 3 - Neck Only
Position 4 - Neck / Bridge (Series)
Position 5 - Neck / Bridge (Parallel out of Phase)
Position 6 - Neck / Bridge (Series out of Phase)

I decided I wanted to get as many different configurations as I could out of my first Warmoth build, just in case I don't ever get to build out another.

If I do another one, I'm going to incorporate a Sustainiac pick-up system with a down-only Floyd Rose Trem.

Either way - I'm really pleased with the results of my very first custom guitar.

Eric "GuitarEC"

Im really likin it  :rock-on: i think thats going to be my choice of finish. its been takin me FOREVER to pick one out, and i just found it  :icon_thumright:

I am speachless. this guitar is just perfect. the perfect PRS-style guitar. the color, the neck, the woods, the top, the wiring....

wanna trade?  :headbang:

I even like this guitar so much, that I saved the pic on my computer, as my desktop background  :glasses9:

GuitarEC said:
The two 3-way mini-toggles are coil selectors for each pick-up.  Allows me to select either coil individually, or together as a standard humbucker.

The lower most knob is a 6 position / 4 pole rotary switch I use to select / configure the pick-ups.  Going clock-wise:

Position 1 - Bridge Only
Position 2 - Neck / Bridge (Parallel)
Position 3 - Neck Only
Position 4 - Neck / Bridge (Series)
Position 5 - Neck / Bridge (Parallel out of Phase)
Position 6 - Neck / Bridge (Series out of Phase)

I decided I wanted to get as many different configurations as I could out of my first Warmoth build, just in case I don't ever get to build out another.

If I do another one, I'm going to incorporate a Sustainiac pick-up system with a down-only Floyd Rose Trem.

Either way - I'm really pleased with the results of my very first custom guitar.

Eric "GuitarEC"

Hi, perhaps a very unpolite question, but can you show me/us the wiring schematic of the 6 way rotary?

Orpheo said:
I am speachless. this guitar is just perfect. the perfect PRS-style guitar. the color, the neck, the woods, the top, the wiring....

I even like this guitar so much, that I saved the pic on my computer, as my desktop background  :glasses9:

I told you you need a VIP! :)

m4rk0 said:
Orpheo said:

I told you you need a VIP! :)

you'd wish! :D I just like the color and the neck. My gf. persued me not to do the 'schenker' les paul, but just an ace frehley-like les paul, especially if it's a warmoth. warmoth has such great finishes and woods, it would be a shame to cover them with opaque colors! and I am limited to (for this year) 2 guitars, so...it will be the ace frehley (well, the burst of this guitar), floyd rose, sustainer, very hot pickup in the bridge, I think a p90 or just a normal black humbucker in the middle, 18 db gainboost, 3 bands equalizer... It only lacks a roland midi device, but I dont use that at all, so I dont miss it :D

Orpheo said:
Hi, perhaps a very unpolite question, but can you show me/us the wiring schematic of the 6 way rotary?

Orpheo,
you can find schematics here. http://alexplorer.net/guitar/mods/rotary.html  :blob7:

ventolino said:
Orpheo said:

Orpheo,
you can find schematics here. http://alexplorer.net/guitar/mods/rotary.html  :blob7:

dude, my thanks! There's also a link included were to by a 6 way! (H)

I ended up changing that wiring diagram (switching positions 1 and 3 - being that the bridge pick-up along would be the more used, I wanted it on the end).  I've got a copy of it somewhere on my PC - let me know if you're still interested...

Also, I ended up getting my rotary switch from Stewart-MacDonald.  But the luthier who put the whole thing together for me needed to countersink the control holes in the cavity for the thing to come through.  And also the clearance needed by the switch limited it placement to that bottom control hole.  If you want your elsewhere, I would recommend you have your body shipped without the control holes pre-drilled.

Just my observations,

Eric "GuitarEC"

P.S.  If you want a larger version of the picture, let me know and I'll send you the original.

Back