Sonc Blue strat build #1! - Update: FINISHED! NEW PICS!

Very nice Weezer tribute...I liked gary's analogy "Has to be the first Warmoth copy of another Warmoth that I'm aware of"... :icon_thumright:

boredstate said:
i shot this at work where it's hanging from fishing line with a grey paper backdrop.. we have two 1000w main lights and two 500w fill lights with rectangular diffuser boxes.. the camera i used was a canon rebel xti with a canon 17-85mm IS lens.  i had the aperture set at f/9.0 in aperture priority mode with a custom white balance, although the tungsten setting would have been almost the same i imagine..

Cool. Where did you attach the fishing line? I'm guessing you photoshopped it out of the pictures?
MULLY

DangerousR6 said:
Very nice Weezer tribute...I liked gary's analogy "Has to be the first Warmoth copy of another Warmoth that I'm aware of"... :icon_thumright:

The more I thought about that, Volition's Advocate had replica made of his one that was stolen.

DangerousR6 said:

i figured if i was going to do it, i should do it right!

mullyman said:
Cool. Where did you attach the fishing line? I'm guessing you photoshopped it out of the pictures?
MULLY

yes, it was chopped out.. I wrapped it around the tuning keys a couple of times.. we use 40# test just to be safe :)

MUYFUE said:
Sweet, Your girl's got eyeballs in the back of her head!
hahaha

just saw this, nice!

MUYFUE said:
I wish they would make the C5 in creme, that would probably look nicer, and maybe swap the knobs to match...but who cares!
It looks great and I'll bet it sounds killer. The C5 is one of my favorite pups.

BTW nice choice of saddles.

honestly I bought the saddles on a whim, but I'm really digging them!  and it does sound killer and plays even better!  I haven't been able to really crank it up yet believe it or not, but I'll be doing so in a couple of hours!

Max said:
When are you going to take the plastic off the pickguard?  :laughing7:

not until it's falling off!  :laughing11:

u should enter that thing for guitar of the month next time. u will get my vote for sure! :glasses9:

I  stick in reeferences all over, some of them make sense! hahaa
Glad to know you'll be cranking it up soon!

back2thefutre said:
What kind of nut is that?

unbleached bone  :)

thanks doods!

some will be happy to know i have removed the plastic from the pickguard

OH, and this was brought to my attention in another thread, so just for reference, in this pic:
DSC_8635.jpg

these are push-push pots in the up position. someone had thought this is how high i had them adjusted.

DangerousR6 said:

well... this is a close aproximation of a copy that I was doing haha  :laughing7: I wanted it to be just like markos! Slightly different wood in the end tho.

EDIT maybe.. put the picture in....
Luke5039.jpg

I'm building that thing's big brother right now!

bp646f.jpg

EDIT: Whoops, sorry for the quasi-necropost! Didn't check the dates.

boredstate said:
I really think they had the specs listed wrong on the website. I'm convinced this isn't ziricote. it looks more like a rosewood species.   i've seen other ziricote boards, like the one in the fralin tele build, and the grain is quite obvious.   not that i'm complaining, i'd prefer a brazilian rosewood board (which is what i'm thinking mine actually is, but i'm no expert) and i love the grain on mine..  i had previously said it looks like pau ferro, but it usually has a red hue to it, which this one does not..  thoughts?

pre-oiled:
DSC_8436.jpg

DSC_8437.jpg

Indeed, this one doesn't look like ziricote, it's strange, but anyway, it's beautiful, your neck is really nice ! Good work !

boredstate said:
new (shitety cell phone) progress pics:
pickguard holes drilled, lining up the jack plate holes:
a646e2af.jpg

top screw hole drilled, jack plate placed on top for alignment:
b728fc8f.jpg

both holes:
3284b911.jpg

extreme anxiety over, for now!
5bfe2f49.jpg

Your cell phone makes very good pictures of your very good work !

Back