Sonc Blue strat build #1! - Update: FINISHED! NEW PICS!

This one is weird for me. I don't like the tortoise against that blue but at the same time I think it looks fantastic. 2 thumbs up on this one, man. Fantastic looking guitar.
MULLY

CrackedPepper said:
mullyman said:
I don't like the tortoise against that blue
MULLY

Looks okay to me but just of curiousity, what would color pickguard you have done?

Well, I'm partial to all things white so I probably would have gone that route. But like I said, this guitar looks killer. I don't like the tortoise but I do. I can't even explain it right.
MULLY

oh no, not a good change for me :)
I loved the pearloid with the white hb's (or was it cream?)

Sweet, Your girl's got eyeballs in the back of her head!
hahaha

I wish they would make the C5 in creme, that would probably look nicer, and maybe swap the knobs to match...but who cares!
It looks great and I'll bet it sounds killer. The C5 is one of my favorite pups.

BTW nice choice of saddles.

MUYFUE said:
...I wish they would make the C5 in creme, that would probably look nicer, and maybe swap the knobs to match...but who cares!
It looks great and I'll bet it sounds killer. The C5 is one of my favorite pups.

Double creme is a trademark of DiMarzio. He has all the colors http://stores.ebay.com/banjomikez__W0QQ_sacatZbanjomikezQQ_sidZ39787924?_nkw=sh-14 except creme but I know you can order it. I have a Jazz double creme.

OOH the dark blue looks nice!
The red is sweet too.
AHHH I'm gonna go crazy! I had ice cream and cake for lunch and now it's an A&W root beer float!

Yeah dude, get it in black and creme...maybe...

FINISHED!!!!! 

IMG_4946.jpg

IMG_4950.jpg

IMG_4951.jpg

IMG_4952.jpg

IMG_4953.jpg

IMG_4954.jpg

IMG_4955.jpg

IMG_4956.jpg

IMG_4958.jpg

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Marko said:
oh no, not a good change for me :)
I loved the pearloid with the white hb's (or was it cream?)

I did too man and i still think i like it better, but i've dreamed about this guitar the way it is for a while now and it's finally done!  I'm going to get a white pearl one loaded with P-Rails i think..  I used quick-connects on the ground and output wires to make loaded-pickguard swapping a breeze, so my intention was to have a few and change them out until i can put a few more guitars together for them all to live.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
This may have been covered elsewhere, but are you a Weezer fan?  Great looking functional guitar.  2 hums and a hardtail.  Gotta love it.

First post,

boredstate said:
**************SEE PAGE 4 FOR COMPLETED PICS!!!!!**************

my first warmoth project.  it was a christmas present from the wife..  she knows i am a huge weezer fan and i was always talking about building a cuomo-inspired strat..

I think it's gorgeous. I've had plans for quite a while to make one very similar to that, but with a trem.
+1 on the fingerboard. +1 on the complete axe.

I was on the first page and I was thinking 'man, if only it had a tortoise pickguard' then I clicked next page and BAM! it completes it.

Max said:
Excellent photography, and excellent guitar!

Yeah, great pics. Do tell how you did it. I'm just getting into photography and any little tips would be helpful. What camera? What lens? etc... etc...
MULLY

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
There you go.  Has to be the first Warmoth copy of another Warmoth that I'm aware of.

there's been a few other copies i've seen, like this one posted earlier in the thread:

back2thefutre said:
RiversGuitarDone.jpg
What's with these homies dissin my girl...

the thing that bugs me about this one and others i've seen is mainly the vol/tone control positions.. the pickup routes in the pickguard on this one are also not my style, but that's just a personal preference.. otherwise it's a great looking geet!   i knew from the get-go i wanted to nail the control positions and have the fat humbucker pickup routes..

Max said:
Excellent photography, and excellent guitar!

thanks!  

mullyman said:
Yeah, great pics. Do tell how you did it. I'm just getting into photography and any little tips would be helpful. What camera? What lens? etc... etc...
MULLY

i shot this at work where it's hanging from fishing line with a grey paper backdrop.. we have two 1000w main lights and two 500w fill lights with rectangular diffuser boxes.. the camera i used was a canon rebel xti with a canon 17-85mm IS lens.  i had the aperture set at f/9.0 in aperture priority mode with a custom white balance, although the tungsten setting would have been almost the same i imagine..

Back