Something Strange Headed to the Showcase

simple

Staff member
Again, pushing the envelope here. Now before someone says "I can't believe they painted over the Flame Maple!", I'll let you know it had a big discoloration in the center of the Flame so no foul here. I for one, dig it....of course.  :laughing7:

Attachments

• 0403081018.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 450
  • 0403081018a.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 316
I think its tight  :headbang:

of course, this wouldnt be an all the time thing, only when theres some discoloration, right?

I don't like the metal with the natural wood. Doesn't work for me. Maybe if the outside "binding" area were a solid color....

I also feel like I need to see it straight on... too much angle in those pics to get a good idea what it looks like.

Sorry... the color combination does nothing for me.

Perhaps a nice blue or red or even a reverse sunburst.  The steel on wood concept doesn't really float my boat.

this is one unique axe! "feels"  like zebrano, that maple. I like the idea, but I'd give it a different finish.

Gregg, is there something like that crushed metal in the making, but with a tad more white? like crushed 'white' metal? if so, that would be VERY cool! but then I'd have the maple be stained to black :p

anyway: I LIKE IT!

Ya know I was thinking... if you put screws all around the edge of the steel colored part, and made it look like an inlay....

I really haven't thought much of the new paint schemes and oddities that have been posted lately, but THIS ONE is indeed an BEAUTY! Great job on that one Gregg!
Bill in SC

Bill in SC said:
I really haven't thought much of the new paint schemes and oddities that have been posted lately, but THIS ONE is indeed an BEAUTY! Great job on that one Gregg!
Bill in SC
Thanks Bill! I have another one in the works coming that'll be fun to show when it's ready too.

Great idea about the screws CB!  :laughing7:

OH I LOVE IT!!  :rock-on:

somehow reminds me of a zemaitis...

is that the final product? when is it going to the showcase??

reminds me of those zemitis guitars with the aluminum top. some simulated screws or rivits or an airbrushed diamond plate or simulated engraving patern would all be good ideas over that. the right buyer who is skilled with an airbrush or knows the right painter could make that thing really killer.

Back