Something on the bench

I like it!  Wondering if a piece of Maple could be fit inside the trapeze, ala Trini Lopez Gibsons?  Looks like the string anchor will adjust and with a concave surface on the edges of a thin piece of Maple, could be cut to fit.  (You could then cut or rout a design in it or even drill some different size holes.)  It just seems that trapeze is a bit plain compared to the rest of that beautiful instrument.

I am considering that myself, thanks for the suggestion. They make a tail that's the same, just longer. I'm looking at getting one of those and doing something like Gibson did on the Trini and the Howard Roberts models.............. :headbang:

:laughing11:
Ohh, you funny man huh. We put you on the you tube. ............... :turtle: :turtle: :turtle:

DangerousR6 said:
Looks sharp Phill, I believe I like that trap better than the first one, not so in your face, very subtle... :headbang4:

I have to agree
this one looks better on the body, the first one looks like it needs to be on a JazzBox
Build is looking real good

Spud said:
Hey, where is the progress update?

Well, I could put up a pic of it hanging there gassing off. Because that's where it's as far as progress........... :headbang:

Jusatele said:
DangerousR6 said:
Looks sharp Phill, I believe I like that trap better than the first one, not so in your face, very subtle... :headbang4:

I have to agree
this one looks better on the body, the first one looks like it needs to be on a JazzBox
Build is looking real good.

Thanks, I think it's going well too.................. :icon_thumright:

PhilHill said:
Spud said:
Hey, where is the progress update?

Well, I could put up a pic of it hanging there gassing off. Because that's where it's as far as progress........... :headbang:
Oh no, the wife doesn't like the gassing off, nobody wants any part of that.... :laughing3:

Back