Something on the bench

PhilHill

Greetings All. Got something I'm waiting for the sealer to cure on. Then I have to decide how to proceed, I've got a maple/maple Tele neck that could go on it.
So far the body is Black Walnut, the top is Padauk, the back is a combo of B/W, Padauk and Zebrawood. Decided to double bind it, such fun.........

K9gUgg.jpg

ejnp1f.jpg

olHxX3.jpg

ZZrs8Y.jpg

1pZMp6.jpg

. We'll see what happens next.............. :dontknow: :headbang:

gosh that sure is purdy.  :)

As usual, nice work.  I love the things you come up with.

Thanks Folks. I'm trying to develope more designs that make use of re-claimed wood or smaller pieces laminated together in a well functioning and eye pleasing pattern. I'm sure I don't have to tell anyone here how ridiculous things have gotten as far as the pricing and availability of good hardwoods.

Thanks! And congrat's on the new GOM win........... :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

DangerousR6 said:
Very swanky, that'll looks swell with an all maple neck.... :kewlpics:

Thanks Big D. Yeah, I think the maple is the best choice.............. :headbang:

Just a bit of a mock-up to get an idea of things, nothing written in stone yet. The tuners are $15.00 a set cheapo's that I just use to check alignment and such. And the pickups are just what I have on hand right now. Haven't decided on tailpiece yet, again just what I've got lying around.....  :headbang:

WABvPj.jpg

Thanks for the feedback TBurst. I must confess a preference for them myself........... :icon_thumright:

PhilHill said:
Just a bit of a mock-up to get an idea of things, nothing written in stone yet. The tuners are $15.00 a set cheapo's that I just use to check alignment and such. And the pickups are just what I have on hand right now. Haven't decided on tailpiece yet, again just what I've got lying around.....  :headbang:

WABvPj.jpg
:headbang: :band:

DangerousR6 said:
PhilHill said:

WABvPj.jpg

. I'll take that as a yes, Sir. Gracias............... :yourock: :bass:

PhilHill said:
DangerousR6 said:
PhilHill said:

WABvPj.jpg

. I'll take that as a yes, Sir. Gracias............... :yourock: :bass:
Yes, I love it.... :guitarplayer2:

Ok, heading down a path here, still picking my footing. I decided to go for an older look. Not Relic'ed, not Antique. Just like it's been a few years since it left the builder's hands. Something somebody's Dad or Grampa played Bourbon Street blues on.
Nothing I can't undo yet with sandpaper and scraper, just the beginning of an idea..........

XvxmA9.jpg

ZLaqmE.jpg

0VtlQT.jpg

nmMIxk.jpg

.Questions as to My sanity, or suggestions on how to go further, are always welcome................................ :turtle:

Back