Some Chambered Velocity and Line 6 Helix action

stultzies9

Here's a video of me playing my Chambered Velocity over a backing track from www.coffeebreakgrooves.com. I'm using a Helix for all of it.

The guitar is black korina with a spruce top, and it has a roasted maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard. Stainless frets (because I won't build a guitar without them anymore). TUSQ nut. I've got it loaded with Righteous Sound pickups (Brielle in the neck, AMS Custom in the bridge). Honestly, it's my favorite guitar at the moment.

Lemme know what you guys think!  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAohqBbRZVM&feature=youtu.be

Thanks, guys!

Verne, I'm using the Soldano Lead amp sim with the matching I/R for that clip. I have it dialed in with the SM57 "mic". I'm also using the Klon Centaur model for OD, the Plate reverb, and the 70's Chorus.  :)

stultzies9 said:
Thanks, guys!

Verne, I'm using the Soldano Lead amp sim with the matching I/R for that clip. I have it dialed in with the SM57 "mic". I'm also using the Klon Centaur model for OD, the Plate reverb, and the 70's Chorus.  :)
Great tone! Have you checked out any 3rd party impulse responses? I use OwnHammer IRs and i find them to sound a lot more like a real cab. I resisted for the longest time, but I noticed a huge improvement in my tone.

I haven't quite taken the dive into 3rd party IRs just yet. I have the free Ownhammer ones downloaded on my laptop. I just haven't loaded them into the Helix yet. I've heard everyone I know that owns one say that it just takes the Helix that last little way into "real amp" territory.

Maybe I'll check that out tonight....  :icon_biggrin:

I have the free ones as well, my main IR is the 57 mic, variation 02. I usually go between that and the MDRN 03 i think. (Not positive about the variation numbers, but they're around there anyways). For what I play, they sound great.

Back