Another solid or chambered question

Mincer

Several years ago, I built a swamp ash & maple Strat body and paired it with a wenge neck. Wonderful guitar, but it was neck heavy.

I am thinking of having a black korina/maple top Velocity body made. I really don't want it to be neck heavy if I get a super light chambered body, but I also don't want a very heavy solid body. The neck will be Gibson scale roasted maple. So, for the most balanced instrument, should I go solid or chambered? I am not worried about the sound...chambered and solid sound close enough to me (I watched the video). The showcase Velocity bodies range from just over 3 lbs to almost 6 lbs, but none are black korina.

In the end, I want a lightweight, compact guitar that is balanced. Using the black korina (core)/maple formula with a roasted maple/ebony neck, what type of body is more likely to achieve my goal?

Bro, the velocity as much as i luv mine is not for ppl who are worried bout neck dive. pick a body with a upper horn if balance is a big deal. For me its not, cause you gotta hold the neck up to play NEway, lol

Or you could try moving the strap button forward, say putting a longer screw on the most northern neck plate screw, and putting the strap button there, but there are no quarantees that would work.

With the Z body the lower half is compactish, and the upper horn goes to the 12th fret.

Teles themselves aren't inherently neck heavy, even most semi hollow ones. The Velocity is sort of a modified Tele design. I just don't want a solid korina body to weigh 6lbs, or a semi hollow one to be less than 3.5. Korina can really vary in weight (though mostly compared to mahogany), and I don't know which end of the spectrum Warmoth's current stock of korina is at. If anyone has gotten a korina body, of any size, I'd love to know the weights. In the showcase, there are a few solid korina bodies (jazzmasters, in this case) between 5 & 6 lbs.

Back