soloist pics

shanejw

some better pics of my soloist here.

http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm282/shanejweaver/

DangerousR6

:icon_thumright:...excellent, man that is a wicked top. And I like the matching headstock....... :icon_thumright:
wb3.jpg

DocNrock

You had the right idea with the gold hardware.  I have an all natural Jackson SL2H that came with chrome hardware.  I like the chrome, but my first thought was that gold would have really set off the natural wood coloration.

nathan a

Real cool. Nice to see a guitar with a really solid 'theme' or 'scheme'. Not a big fan of those knobs (I think I've seen stuff like that on ebay), they look cheap to me  :dontknow:

DangerousR6

nathan a said:
Real cool. Nice to see a guitar with a really solid 'theme' or 'scheme'. Not a big fan of those knobs (I think I've seen stuff like that on ebay), they look cheap to me  :dontknow:

Wopuld be a touch better with some gold dome knobs..... :icon_biggrin:

DocNrock

DangerousR6 said:
nathan a said:

Wopuld be a touch better with some gold dome knobs..... :icon_biggrin:

+1

shanejw

Actually my idea came from a Jackson SL2HMAH that I saw in a catalog a while back, just with Swamp Ash instead of the Mahogany.  The knobs..eh I think they are alright.  I like the fact that they are shorter and stick out from the body less, but the pearloid inserts aren't really doing much for me.  I like that they have graduated "rings" around them, just not too wild about the inserts.  I wish Warmoth would carve in around the knobs like on my ESP carved top so the knobs wouldn't stick out so much.
Thanks for all the comments!!

DangerousR6

shanejw said:
A custom neck plate would be great too, know where i can get one? lol
I just happen to have a gold neck plate available. Sitting here lwaiting for a home........ :laughing7:

ice man

That is awesome.  After building mine and seeing such beautiful guitars that show off the wood, I don't think I'll ever paint a guitar a solid color again(unless it's poplar).  The gold makes it look classy and vintage.  Nice work! :headbang:

simple

Staff member
Wow, that is an Amazing build. Make sure to submit that one to the official Warmoth gallery too if you haven't yet.

Ted

Truly nice build.

I'm not a fan of EMG's but other than that the axe is incredible.  :kewlpics:

shanejw

The Pickups are Bartolini PBF's.  They look a lot similar to EMG's but with a raised Bartolini logo on the pickup that didn't show up in the picture.  I'm not a fan of EMG's either, these sound much, much better than any EMG, active or passive, that i've ever heard.

peterpoynter

shanejw said:
Here's a website that makes custom neck plates. Good selection. He will also engrave any picture you send him. I have a picture of one with louis royo art on my strat. see finished strat

http://fsrcustomshop.ecrater.com/

DangerousR6

peterpoynter said:
shanejw said:
Here's a website that makes custom neck plates. Good selection. He will also engrave any picture you send him. I have a picture of one with louis royo art on my strat. see finished strat

Prett cool stuff, seen his stuff on ebay. But he doesn't do black Or this, this is some of my plates..
2559146247_e6edea686a.jpg

2561743827_d5eca9ca22.jpg

2522676174_3da9a20d78.jpg

2500821022_c8e59d24b5.jpg

2478751965_b83298cc59.jpg

2439215053_2642ede6c3.jpg

2391376872_139ef5e7a2.jpg

Johnhamdun

nathan a said:

I like the knobs. Ive never seen them in person, but I like the little touch of pearl

Johnhamdun

peterpoynter said:
shanejw said:

haha yeah i actually think the "lol" on the end was insinuating that he was looking to buy one from Doug.