Solidbodies - The Movie

I think somebody has the idea that strats and les pauls are different...kinda earth shattering eh?  :tard:

willyk said:
I think somebody has the idea that strats and les pauls are different...kinda earth shattering eh?  :tard:

I didn't get that far. Either tell me what the hell I'm looking at up front, or risk me leaving immediately.

I left. Immediately.

I'm the same way with Java and Flash infested gear sites. Don't try to entertain me, I'm not a 12 year old girl. Just tell me why I should send my money to you. I have zero interest in how talented and clever your webmaster is. Which is why I detest the DiMarzio website.

Gregg hinted earlier this evening that the Warmoth website will be getting a makeover soon. I am praying that it doesn't become "clever".

Apparently there's a holy war over LP vs. Strat.  I've never heard of it, but that didn't stop them from making a documentary about it.  :p

Someone should make a movie about vi vs. emacs!

Sounds like the makers of this "film" have been hanging out on guitar forums way too much.

There's always been a war over strat and LP. Those body shapes are the most favored  guitars in the world. I like LP better :icon_tongue:

I own several examples of both. I haven't noticed any of them fighting.

:tard:

Well, there's no conflict here.  Some players have brand loyalty but nobody pisses on the opposition like with the Chevy/Ford thingy.  Just seems like a pointless movie.  Still, we'll probably get to see some '59 LPs and hear some good playing.

But my girlfriend will definitely want to watch it... she loves guitars and she LOVES documentaries.

dbw said:
Apparently there's a holy war over LP vs. Strat.  I've never heard of it, but that didn't stop them from making a documentary about it.  :p

Someone should make a movie about vi vs. emacs!

Why?  vi is soooooooooooooooo much better!  :laughing11:

wtf?  Both companies suck equally, and both guitars have been improved upon, and have been done better than the never changing originals 1000 times over.

How about they drop the brand loyalty, stop overpaying, and buy a real guitar. Hmm, which outdated piece of crap is better?  Well the gibson costs more, and is made in America, so it must be good, and the Fender is not so expensive, but they outsource to Mexico, and Asia.
So if Cancer is in Jupiter's seventh house of fail, and its high tide in my Dixie cup of NyQuil, I'd have to say that they equally suck proportionally to the number of people who will watch that documentary.

dbw said:
Well, there's no conflict here.  Some players have brand loyalty but nobody pisses on the opposition like with the Chevy/Ford thingy.

Actually, I think the Megadeth/Metallica thing owns all conflicts...

Xplorervoodoo said:
dbw said:
Well, there's no conflict here.  Some players have brand loyalty but nobody pisses on the opposition like with the Chevy/Ford thingy.

Actually, I think the Megadeth/Metallica thing owns all conflicts...

ha, they both suck.  :redflag:

If that isn't a ploy by both of those companies, I don't know what is.

Why do we need this giant outbreak of a diluted viewpoint
:icon_scratch:
and why does it have to be made so damn appealing to the musically unaware public?!

if you ask me
I'd go with strat

i mean
i play an lp
but

i think strats are just more comfortable and lighter and designed for a more interesting sound (to me)
both look cool with conservative sort of looks, which i can appreciate as well

strat just seems to make more sense to me tonally and cosmeticly speaking  :guitaristgif:

and i am not a fan of the arguements where somebody pulls out the
"this one's got more balls"
wtf is THAT all about?!
i like to think the balls of your guitar live somewhere in your fingers

plus thats the thing about american entertainment
it's run out of ideas for a long time, i fig'r
and it just keeps eating it's ass to make more horrible entertainment
it's like everytime I go "what in the hell could they possibly do next that could somehow be more ridiculous?"
:tard:
but then LOOK
there's Will Smith FLYING through the city with a bottle of Jack

there's no real conflict
it's just whatever it is that you play
and everything else they tell you is just
some guy
in some suit
somewhere
going
"how can I turn this into a dollar?"

props to niggaschmoop for denouncing both those companies and metallica and megadeth

...... and screw cars TOO  :laughing11:

Back