So I've Never Done This...

The W clapton neck is a bit harder 'v' than the Fender sig model, just so you know. My fave is now the SRV.

tfarny said:
The W clapton neck is a bit harder 'v' than the Fender sig model, just so you know. My fave is now the SRV.

You must have hands the size of a silverback gorilla's...that neck is HUGE!

C'mon are you kidding me?? It's 0.035" or less than 1mm thicker...

Get a Fatback or BaseballBatBack :D

...and of course the Clapton neck felt nice. REAL nice.

GAH! :help:

NonsenseTele said:
It was an Warmoth Clapton or Fender?

Fender - but upon returning home and playing the standard thin, I just don't think it can be beat.

But I'm thinking the slightly thicker Clapton on the Les Paul body might not feel as "awkward"...Plus the extra wood will help it retain that classic warm LP sound. I'll play the Clapton a few more times and get a better feel for it :). And hey, I wouldn't mind having a few necks that play different but still well. Change can be a good thing!

Nonsensetele - you reply faster than lightning, haha. Edit: Upon visiting your profile, I noticed you live in Brazil. I've been wanting to travel there for many years :). We were talking about it in one of my classes the other day - we have a Brazilian student - and it sounds better and better every time I hear about it. I can't imagine waking up to that beautiful climate and scenery every day...One day I shall trek there!

How's that Brazilian rosewood?

...okay, that was friggin' lame, haha.

Stub:
Brazilian wax: when the girl take ALL hair in that special place, AFAIK...  :laughing7:

Creepies:
I'm not the best guy to talk about as I'm getting my european citzenship and planning go away from here...
But to travel I believe is an amazing place... Take in mind that it's almost as big as USA, so thats MANY places to go...
Good things: Here the people is usually warmer than there and Europe, many beautifull places to go, US$ is always more than R$1,50 (our currency), poor country, so, things would be cheaper (not that much to turists hehehehe if it cost 10 to a brazilian, it will be 100 to a american...) 
Girls usually are known for being as sexy as only a few parts of the world and they love americans ($$$$$)...

To live here: problems to me...
People DON'T go to streets fight for their rights, because of the different kind of colonization that we had from you in the north and because of the 60's and 70's military government... in that time fight for the rights meaned: FIGHT for the rights, being tortured, die...
Things are not smooth as Europe and north america (you give R$50 to any cop and it's ok, he never saw you before), very few cultured population, etc... In sume to my point of view: it's a third world country and nobody is giving a sh!!t to change it...

But come here, there is still some nature to see... Rio de Janeiro, Fernando de Noronha (one of the most beautifull island), Bonito in MS, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany.... If I'm still here and you come to Sao Paulo, I'll drink a beer with you!

PS: I'm fast to reply because I'm trying to do an neck order, just waiting some confirmations or non-confirmations from Spike, but seems he is busy this week... Heart beating in something upper than 150, I bet... :laughing7:

Wow man, thanks for the detailed info!

Traveling out of country is certainly something I've not had the luxury of...if only I could stop spending money on guitars and start saving  :toothy12:! Brazil is still number one on my list, for all the reasons I already listed plus on...you all exported Adriana Lima  :laughing11:.

I've checked out those WCR pickups, and they sound fantastic! Thanks for the recommendation.

So here's a question -

If you were to order a neck that traditionally has a nut width of, for example, 2 inches, but decided you'd like it at 1.5 inches, does that change the size of the ENTIRE neck based around the nut width? I don't know how nut width would affect the neck size aside from the obvious...nut width  :eek:.

Thanks!

So the question is, does a different nut width make the neck wider? Well, yeah, but it works itself out by the time you get to the body joint. What necks have widths of 2 inches or 1.5?
Nearly all new electric 6 strings have 1 11/16, with some reproductions and a few others having 1 5/8. 1 3/4 is a huge width for a standard electric - you'd need really big hands to justify that much space. It's a common width for fingerstyle-friendly steel string acoustics though. In other words, 1/8 of an inch separates the smallest common size from the largest common size.

I know, all you 9-string bass players, I'm counting you out - but the guy's talking about an LP.

"1 3/4 is a huge width for a standard electric - you'd need really big hands to justify that much space. "

Not always. Some guitarists primarily play a Spanish style acoustic and after years of that and classic training are more comfortable with a really wide neck on an electric as a narrower neck throws their technique a loop.

So I've noticed at least two necks on here with SS frets + binding...I thought Warmoth didn't do this  ???.

...or do they?

SHE HAS ARRIVED!!!  :toothy12:

Holy crap, this is the only product I've ever seen that looks better than the pictures soliciting it.

Man this is seriously beautifull!  :icon_thumright:
The only way to have it more than already is, is: give to Mrs Adriana Lima to hold!  :toothy12:

Jeezuuussss Bruv.  That's is some quilt top.  Quick,  get it built so that we can see it in all it's beauty.....

Back