So is it this DL technique that is allowing you to do these insane quilts?

Orpheo, as you probably know, you can use the 10 day return policy if you ever see anything you do not like from Warmoth. We have been promoting DLs to customers and building them by request for quite awhile.

I like it and don't mind the technique either!

I can't wait to get one on my Carved top Tele!!!

oh hold on, when is that option going to be announced???  :icon_biggrin:

m4rk0 said:

It's on the list!  :icon_thumright:

jackthehack said:
The costs for ALL high grade exotic woods has done absolutely nothing but go up over the last few years and will continue to do so in the future. Sad fact of microeconomics... We need to figure out some way to stop the madness of wasting it on furniture/paneling/etc.

Makes me think of what Laphroaig are doing with the land around their distillery. They're giving it away to their customers, in 1 sq feet lots. The catch is that you can't have more than one lot. In that way they ensure that none of their competitors is able to insidiously snatch up the ground around the distillery (and their fresh water supply). Maybe Warmoth could invest in a few thousand square miles of tropical hardwood in Brazil, set up an ecologically sound management systems and divide the property among their customers. NonsenseTele should be able to handle the local side of affairs. Buy a body now, have your whole tree of Brazilian Rosewood in fifty years.

Gregg said:
m4rk0 said:

It's on the list!   :icon_thumright:

Hey Gregg, that is fantastic news!! and I was really only joking around! :):)

m4rk0 said:
Gregg said:
m4rk0 said:

Me too!  :laughing7:

ByteFrenzy said:
jackthehack said:
The costs for ALL high grade exotic woods has done absolutely nothing but go up over the last few years and will continue to do so in the future. Sad fact of microeconomics... We need to figure out some way to stop the madness of wasting it on furniture/paneling/etc.

Makes me think of what Laphroaig are doing with the land around their distillery. They're giving it away to their customers, in 1 sq feet lots. The catch is that you can't have more than one lot. In that way they ensure that none of their competitors is able to insidiously snatch up the ground around the distillery (and their fresh water supply). Maybe Warmoth could invest in a few thousand square miles of tropical hardwood in Brazil, set up an ecologically sound management systems and divide the property among their customers. NonsenseTele should be able to handle the local side of affairs. Buy a body now, have your whole tree of Brazilian Rosewood in fifty years.

This is the best idea anyone has ever had anywhere on this forum! I'd buy a piece of that in a heartbeat. I knew about the distillery thing, didn't know it was Laphroaig though. Good stuff...

Gregg said:
m4rk0 said:
Gregg said:
m4rk0 said:

Me too!   :laughing7:

you are one evil sales manager!  :)

Gregg said:
Orpheo, as you probably know, you can use the 10 day return policy if you ever see anything you do not like from Warmoth. We have been promoting DLs to customers and building them by request for quite awhile.

I know :) but I also figured that this body just looked great, and that I had to deal with the fact of the DL, because I know warmoth wouldn't give me bad wood (no pun intended!), and now its one of my favorite guitars! strange how things can work out :p

HEY!  If you guys make the carved top Tele, you are going to get me killed.  The wife said no more for a while! 

Back