• DangerousSixDesigns

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • DangerousNeckPlates

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • DangerousCustomDesigns

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Went with NeckPlates, as it shows what you do easily and quickly, well to people that think hmmm must be guitar neck plates anyways :doh:.
But the others are good too, Tough choice.

SolomonHelsing said:
Went with NeckPlates, as it shows what you do easily and quickly, well to people that think hmmm must be guitar neck plates anyways :doh:.
But the others are good too, Tough choice.
Good point... :icon_thumright:

instead of DangerousMachining, how bout DangerousR8?

<badda bump> for the 3 or 4 who will get it.

of all those
Dangerous6Design is the easiest for people to remember, and that means a lot in the end, now do you want to do it 6 or six, which will they remember

drop the s at the end,it will cause to many mistaken imputs, trust me I know of these things

remember we all know you as DR6, but the public needs a name that they do not go, "Now what were those initials again ?"

A name can kill a business, especially if a internet website is involved, Everyone wants to default to dot com so you need to see if that is available
and I think Dangerous6Design.com would be easiest to remember as DangerousDesign.com is already taken

Rermember, they will all go to a dot com automatically no matter how many times you tell them it is Dot soanso. so find a name with the dot com available

edit, if you get DangerousSixdesign also get Dangerous6design and have it auto pointed to the first.

Jusatele said:
of all those
Dangerous6Design is the easiest for people to remember, and that means a lot in the end, now do you want to do it 6 or six, which will they remember

drop the s at the end,it will cause to many mistaken imputs, trust me I know of these things

remember we all know you as DR6, but the public needs a name that they do not go, "Now what were those initials again ?"

A name can kill a business, especially if a internet website is involved, Everyone wants to default to dot com so you need to see if that is available
and I think Dangerous6Design.com would be easiest to remember as DangerousDesign.com is already taken

Rermember, they will all go to a dot com automatically no matter how many times you tell them it is Dot soanso. so find a name with the dot com available

edit, if you get DangerousSixdesign also get Dangerous6design and have it auto pointed to the first.
ya, I agree, I was trying to go for something simple, and not confusing... I actually though of another I kinda like, Danger6design...DangerSixdesign... :dontknow:

Alas as you said, DangerousDesigns.com is taken. That was the first one I checked... :sad1:

Yup, DangerousSixDesigns has got the flow ... rolls off the tongue  :icon_thumright:

DangerousCustomDesigns cause you may want to evolve in the future. You are already doing truss rod covers.

Went with DangerousMachining, because it only has 2 words. Keep it short, I say . . . mebe not those two words specifically, but short.

dangerous neck plates, it tells all your customers exactly what you do meaning that most of the people browsing your site are probably potential customers as opposed to random folk looking for t-shirts or anything else "custom" or "designed"

my $0.02

Here you go:

11_280_1_thumb.GIF

I would go for Design, or custom design,
that way you can keep your options open and expand to include other options

I called my buddy, who does business development, he said, Dangerous R6 Design is no good, confusing with more than 1 initial
said dangerous custom design, to hard, has 3 hard starts, to many for the public to do
Dangerous 6 design he liked, it Identifies you as D6 and Design is a great catch word
Dangerous machining, said made you sound like a machine shop and most of the public does not know what a machine shop does
and he said never use the word custom,it sounds to expensive to the general public

Just a few thoughts

Speaking as someone who spends entirely too much time dealing with helping non-computer people navigate the interwebs, I'd suggest keeping it as short and sweet as possible. Ultimately, most end users make web address harder to use than they need to be because they don't stop and think, they just assume the computer is smart enough to get them where they want to go. Here're a few thoughts from my perspective:

(Note: I have not checked availability for any of the URLs I suggest below. This is a stream of consciousness thing more for brainstorming ideas than anything else.)

While "design" is a good buzzword and should be in the business name, it doesn't necessarily belong in the web address if it's going to make it that much longer. With "dangerous" being a long word to begin with you might want to consider either www.dangerous6.com or www.d6design.com because they're short and to the point.

Use 6 instead of six if at all possible. Human nature is to think of the digit and not the word when you hear a number. Will be easier for most people to remember. I do agree that it would be best to buy the domain names using both the numeral and the word, but I'd advertise the number and make it the primary.

If you're catering specifically to guitar parts and not really planning on deviating from that, it might be worth finding a way to incorporate that into the URL. Something like Dangerous6Strings.com. Yeah, kinda sounds more like you're a custom guitar builder, but it's a good play on your company name and what you do. I don't think it would cause too much confusion so long as you're clear on the main page what you're offering. And if you do end up branching out to other things later you can just have that URL point directly to your guitar parts page and use another URL for the business main page.

Anyway, just a few thoughts. Hope that's at least somewhat helpful.

I agree on all points, I want it simple, with no confusion as to what I'm about. But at the same time I'm going to be doing other stuff, like motorcycle parts, and whatever else comes my way. I like Dangerous6designs, best it kinda encompasses a broad scope of things.  :icon_biggrin:

Back