So annoying..American Idol fans

I found it funny how the runner up was cast as "the rocker".  Maybe in a Whitesnake or late 80s hair metal way, the vibrato was over the top and just plain awful.  Uhhh, yeah, my wife is a fan also, I ended up watching a good bit of it this year.  I'm glad it ended up the way it did, if only to be a poke in the eye for the celebrati classes that had already appointed Lambert the winner.  I figure every year or so the elites should get to have their chosen favorite win an election, since Idol is arguably lesser in importance than the last election they got their way in, they should be happy!  :icon_biggrin:  :eek:ccasion14:

Anyway, after hearing Lambert's version of "Whole Lotta Love" I wanted to vomit.  He comes close but ends up sounding like every vocalist of the 1980s that made minor careers out of imitating Robert Plant...too much eyeliner, Spandex, hair product, and vibrato.  None of the gritty soul Plant put into Zeppelin.

That said, it is just a popfest, and I can understand Queen wanting to recruit him.  Brian May is no dope, and regenerating interest among old Queen fans while generating new interest among young Idol fans spells huge ticket sales for a Queen tour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7Ayk9G7-sc&feature=topvideos

Actually the brit version is more fun ...

although I was hoping he was the runner up because he would've had a lot more freedom with his music.

I actually think you may be better off climbing into the top ten then LOSING if you want to exert the most control and shaping over the rest of your career. Carrie Underwood seems to have done OK, but the winners sign away a lot of rights (& MONEY) to the Idol management group. That Daughtry guy seems to have come out well.... as a loser. Ruben WHO? I killed my TV a year ago or so, just so the temptation to even care about this junk didn't creep up.

In Sweden all the winners are non-entities and those who came second all have a career. Judging by this, winning Idol is the touch of death...

Back