Sizzle

-CB- said:
yawn... hey I didn't push the 20,000 threads under the sea thing... but I'm flattered. 

What this still amounts to is character assassination to prove a point. 

I never assassinated ANYone's "character".  You exposed yourself as being ignorant. That was you, not me. Anyone who thinks there is no difference in tone from various wood types, has no credibility.  You can cry and play "victim" all you want, which is what some people like to do when someone disagrees with them.

Yeah dude, it all sounds the same. Just use any wood, doesn't matter, no difference in tone, gotcha... :toothy12:

Hey CB, since you've been assassinated, can I have some of your gear? I'll take one of your amps in particular, but any of it would be good.

dibs on the gun collection, i have some characters to assassinate.

twisting words is fun isn't it T.L.

i don't believe any one ever said there is no difference. little difference yes. what the difference is, no one hear can argue. no one! every piece of wood is unique, we all agree, so the difference has to be tested on many pieces of each species. to use subjective words like sizzle and such to describe what you believe your ear is hearing on a couple pieces of wood has no merit. since i can't test and measure these things i'll use what physics i know to understand it. i haven't heard many scientifically valid arguments here but you do show ignorance. i agree there is some difference, how much is there, i don't know, how much makes it through the pickup, i don't know. the inductive pickup and capacitive guitar cable create a resonant peak followed by a high end roll off. if the resonant peak is in the "sizzle" frequency responce what ever that may be then i doubt fretboard wood will tame it.  but the difference between the two may be more pronounced. if sizzle is above that resonant peak then it wont make it to the amp. so help me out here what frequency is "sizzle?"
a quick fix, roll off the tone control, or get one of those spirally cables hendrix used. no doubt to tame the sizzle of the rosewood board on his ash strats!

and this is coming from one of us youngins that still knows all. as opposed to the elderly that have seen it all!

tfarny said:
Hey CB, since you've been assassinated, can I have some of your gear? I'll take one of your amps in particular, but any of it would be good.

The character is dead.  When the body gives up the ghost, come with a large truck.

The last time my tone sizzled, my drummer tapped me on the shoulder and told me my amp was on fire.

Last time my drummer asked if I knew my amp was on fire, I told him I could fake it if he yelled out the chords.....

Sir SchmoopY said:
dibs on the gun collection, i have some characters to assassinate.

twisting words is fun isn't it T.L.

'Never twisted ANY words. This guy says there's no difference in tone between Maple and rosewood, and that he knows more than John Suhr, and that if I tell him he's wrong or arrogant, I am "assassinating (his) character".  This is despite the fact that he has provided no "scientific engineering data". What scientific test equipment did he use? His EARS??! He couldn't hear any difference (even though others including myself can) so therefore what he says id fact and overrides anything stated to the contrary.

Make all the smart-ass remarks you want, you're just showing YOUR "character"...

as i recall, they said FRETBOARD wood didn't have that much affect on tone, not that rosewood and maple have the same tone.
and as for John Suhr, no one said they knew more than him, just that that is a marketing ploy to get you to buy stuff, if any thing we are calling him a lier. anyone can lie, watch as i lie to you.

the sky is purple, god doesn't hate me, tone is a cave ogre, and margerin tastes like butta.

i can twist words too:

lets say you say: you have more posts than i do.

now i wrench that sucker into a pretzel, and i say you said:  i am inferior and there for less of a man.

what was implied was  CB has about 2000 post, and pretty much knows more about amps, guitars, and finishing than most if not all of us, and he could probably pull off a mars landing,

what you melted and resculpted that into was: hey you're calling me dumb, and saying what i say doesn't matter, and what i say is wrong.

nope miss informed, and you need to take a chill, we also like to poke fun at each other, if you can't handle it, you'll drive yourself bonkers.

good luck with that.

What he said above. ^^
This post is getting annoying. CB is jesus with a guitar (and guns!) and therefore infallible. Criticism of Him will be crushed.

Stop the inanity please!

Sir SchmoopY said:
as i recall, they said FRETBOARD wood didn't have that much affect on tone, not that rosewood and maple have the same tone.
and as for John Suhr, no one said they knew more than him, just that that is a marketing ploy to get you to buy stuff, if any thing we are calling him a lier. anyone can lie, watch as i lie to you.

the sky is purple, god doesn't hate me, tone is a cave ogre, and margerin tastes like butta.

i can twist words too:

lets say you say: you have more posts than i do.

now i wrench that sucker into a pretzel, and i say you said:  i am inferior and there for less of a man.

what was implied was  CB has about 2000 post, and pretty much knows more about amps, guitars, and finishing than most if not all of us, and he could probably pull off a mars landing,

what you melted and resculpted that into was: hey you're calling me dumb, and saying what i say doesn't matter, and what i say is wrong.

nope miss informed, and you need to take a chill, we also like to poke fun at each other, if you can't handle it, you'll drive yourself bonkers.

good luck with that.

Okay, fine. I am well aware that we were talking about fret-board woods. He says there is no difference in tone. I say there IS. I'm not backing down from that statement.

I don't think I know everything. But I know what I know. One of the first things I did when I joined here was to start asking questions about paint, because when it comes to finishing, I am clueless. I can easily admit when I don't know something.

Oh, and I happen to also be a proud gun-toting American, so I give him props for that...

we've made a lot of progress here today.

i'm partly being an boom-boom, and partly serious.

a lot of characters had to die today, but with that sorrow came enlightenment, and brotherhood.

now i just feel like an ass.

Sir SchmoopY said:
we also like to poke fun at each other
:toothy11:

A high post count is not important---after all, my post count is high, but I know very little.  We listen to CB because we've seen his guitars, and they're the products of his experience and knowledge.  Same goes for Orpheo, Jack, Willyk, and others.

TL, people aren't disagreeing with you because of your low post count, they're disagreeing with you because they have a different opinion!  John Suhr and you say one thing... CB says another... I know Suhr has built a guitar or two, and so has CB... so when it comes down to it, experienced people can disagree, so the only way to form an opinion is to get some experience yourself!  You've done that and have formed your opinion... the rest of us have to listen to the opinions of the more experienced and find out for ourselves who we agree with.

No need to fling mud.  Except at Schmoopy, you can fling mud at him all you want.  :D

that was a little more subtle than my post, if subtle is what you into.

let he who is without sin cast the first mud ball, well i guess im screwed.  :help:

dbw said:
No need to fling mud.  Except at Schmoopy, you can fling mud at him all you want.  :D

Don't be mean to Schmoop, he's the only bass player I've ever met who doesn't wear an aluminum foil beanie.

foilfez.jpg

do you think he plays bass?

Back