Sizzle

thats just not true, wikipedia told me that tone is a cave ogre who comes down from the mountains every new moon in search of goat meat and loose women.

yah I know, draggin my feet ditching her.... should have been ex many years ago

-CB- said:
yah I know, draggin my feet ditching her.... should have been ex many years ago

Sad to hear it! But you can count with me on the next party with girls, drink and good music!  :eek:ccasion14:

dbw said:
Well, as I'm betting Nonsense is planning on having at least one tone control on his guitar, he can always roll off excess sizzle.
Edit:  A quick Google reveals that the source of Nonsense's quote is John Suhr.  I wish we could get him to weigh in here...
Yes I have said it, tried to be very discreet:
NonsenseTele said:
jackthehack said:
""Rosewood fingerboard on Ash body will give too much sizzle for many players. We would only build such combination if you are positive that this is what you want."

That sound so positively ignorant it must have been wriiten by that Ed Roman frick

I've to say that wasn't him... Was a guy with muuuuch more credit, Suhr...
Counting what guys said here, and as this Slow Hand set is used called as a fatter single coil, and I'll try these pre-amp that Clapton has in his Signature (that I understand that gives a little more "fat" mids)... I will to the Swamp + Maple/Rosewood... to make Suhr even terrified, will have a 1/8 Maple top on the body  :icon_biggrin:

Thanks for the help guys!!!! :)

NonsenseTele said:
Sad to hear it! But you can count with me on the next party with girls, drink and good music!  :eek:ccasion14:

Think in terms of guitars and amps, Harleys, Drambuie, and green Orion Slave Girls  :toothy12:

We should all meet up, get drunk, and rock out... Chicago would work for me...

-CB- said:
NonsenseTele said:

Think in terms of guitars and amps, Harleys, Drambuie, and green Orion Slave Girls  :toothy12:

vina2.jpg

That episode jet-propelled me into pooberty.

:toothy10:

HA~~ Thats Majel Barrett, aka green lady, computer voice, Number One, Nurse Chapel, and Diana Troi's mum (who's name I cant spell).

CB, you should know that yesterday afternoon, I drove past the small town of Drambuie in northern Scotland. When I saw the sign, I thought of you (awwwww)

Like it! don't really care with the fact that she is green!
(as much as I don't care much about purpleheart be purple  :icon_biggrin:)

I still have a soft spot in my head for the Jim Dunlop pick site:
http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=products/picks&cat=6

Each, and every, pick is faster and has better tone than each & every other pick - there is no "worst" pick, they're all just better... did you know a pick can actually improve your sustain? :hello2:

tfarny said:
TL, before you go off, let's recap the logic of this a bit:
CB, who has about 2000 posts on every conceivable technical and other guitar topic, and basically could design the Starship Enterprise or at least build you a wicked tube amp from scratch, has owned and swapped necks on his own guitars looking for these sound differences, and couldn't hear them. You counter by saying that Eric Johnson, IF he were around here, WOULD tell you that CB is wrong and besides everyone knows xy and z.

I have the feeling that CB's take has more scientific rigor than just about anything you'll read on the internet regarding tone. In fact, this forum is exactly the forum where bunk like 'sizzle' gets actually tested out, because these guys own ridiculous numbers of fine guitars and are fanatics about the details of them. Since the 'guitar tone' debate is almost entirely comprised of people repeating claims off of manufacturer's and retailers websites, I'd say CB's and others words, based on personal experience, are worth a respectful listen. This is not the 'random website of tone', but in fact nearly everybody on here is a guitar builder as well as player.

So if someone has 2000 posts, that means they know more than I do, huh?  Just because I'm new to this forum, does NOT mean I am new to guitars. I've been playing for 23+ years, have owned many guitars over that time period, and have customized and rebuilt many. It was only this year that I decided I wanted to build a custom Warmoth, so I joined here.This guy hasn't proven anything scientifically. The only thing he has demonstrated is that he can't hear differences in tone between different wood types. Well there are many others who CAN.  I know what I'm talking about, and I'm not gonna argue about it anymore. Believe what you want, play what sounds good to you...

-CB- said:
Character assassination is not a valid rebuttal, except in internet forums, whereupon:

1. First a famous and noted reference is used.
2. The member is made out to have some deficiency
3. The "everyone knows" card comes into play
4. And the "obviously..." card follows.

This is the premise of The Emperors New Clothes, Tone-Pro's, underwrapping of strings on a stop bar, and playing cards hitting the spokes of your bicycle (to go faster). 

Or....if you have 2000 posts on an internet discussion forum, that overrides all of the above, and means you know more than any expert on the subject...

yawn... hey I didn't push the 20,000 threads under the sea thing... but I'm flattered. 

What this still amounts to is character assassination to prove a point. 

character assassin sounds like a really cool writing job.

happy 4 20....

....not high, just thought i'd throw that out there.

what about you jack?  :icon_biggrin:

Back