Here's me a month or so ago with my Warmoth Tele:

5167780923_f7546ee13d_z.jpg

The Norwegian Guy said:
How to get girls-guide:

Step 1:
Give her the look.

165170_1700781352679_1032281230_31854801_7967256_n.jpg

And I didn't even have to wear a cardigan

Anyone tell you you look like Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys without the glasses?

trailerbubbles.jpeg

Most of the bands I listen to have a violinist.  No one expects Devil Went Down To Georgia from any of them.  I can kind of see The Decemberists playing it, but I really cannot imagine Belle & Sebastian, Andrew Bird, Sufjan Stevens, or really any of the other ones I listen to being requested to play that.  There are a lot of bands that use instruments rather than the typical rock band setup these days, really.  It's not a novelty or a country thing to have a violin anymore. 

I think we need to make a list of bands with fiddles.

because I only have a handful of Violinists on my Ipod, Eluveitie,Bezed'h, Emilie Autumn, Saltillo and so on.

AGWANANA-RAMA said:
I think we need to make a list of bands with fiddles.

because I only have a handful of Violinists on my Ipod, Eluveitie,Bezed'h, Emilie Autumn, Saltillo and so on.

How about we start with an obscure little outfit...like the Dave Matthews Band?  I know, Agwan, hardly likely to show up on your ipod, but still and all... the violin in a rock/pop/alterna/whatever context is hardly the domain of the outsiders.

Do you guys really want a picture of me? a slightly long hairedoverweightaging50yearoldwannabeworkingmusician with a jones for assembling guitars

Jusatele said:
Do you guys really want a picture of me? a slightly long hairedoverweightaging50yearoldwannabeworkingmusician with a jones for assembling guitars

Oh. You're not a cat?  :icon_scratch:

Back