Should I put a Bigsby on my Tele?

I’d say yes. De-burr them if you haven’t yet. If they’re not deep enough (which I doubt), you can always pull it off an make them deeper.

My only concern would be the A string. As the notches are not symmetrical, I watch clearance on the high side of the string.

well I already ordered the real B5 and matching Vibramate, so let's hope it fits. (It must, right?)
I think your going to dig it. It does change the character of the guitar, but for the better it seems more lively to me. I have limited time on it, and have not lubed stuff or fully set it up, but it is staying in tune, action good, intonation good enough. I am happy so far.

I think your going to dig it. It does change the character of the guitar, but for the better it seems more lively to me. I have limited time on it, and have not lubed stuff or fully set it up, but it is staying in tune, action good, intonation good enough. I am happy so far.
Sweet. I should have all the parts by early next week.

I wasn't entirely happy with the tuning stability was good not great. So I reduced the break angle at the bridge by removing the roller sleeve. It has helped quite a bit, so far no more problems.Big mod.JPG

Anyone have experience with cutting the spring down a tad so the arm sits slightly lower above the body?

Most come stock with a 1 inch spring. 7/8 springs as well as those that are softer can easily be had on Reverb. Low dollar investment

Ahh I see. I thought you removed the entire roller ala B11. Works fine with a TOM bridge. Not sure it work with a Tele bridge.

Anyone have experience with cutting the spring down a tad so the arm sits slightly lower above the body?
I saw a trick somewhere where you just stand the spring up on the floor and stand on it to effectively shorten it.

As a FYI, the Bigsby on my Heritage 530 (think Gibson 330) , the arm was a touch high. I put a 7/8 spring in it and it’s still a little proud. Want to try a “soft spring”. I believe Reverend makes them.

Back