Short Scale Bass necks!

kidgloves2

Where is the love for short scale bass? I played a Gibson bass today with 30 1/2" scale and it was awesome! I could do much different things on it that I normally wouldn't be able to do on a 34" scale bass. Plus it sounded great. The only problem.....ugly. I'd like it with a Bubinga neck, and other nice woods.

I would love to customise my own. Maybe Gibson LP, SG styles. And Fender styles as well.

Short Scale....you know you love it!

FENDER MUSTANG BASS 30" SCALE
269294.jpg

GIBSON SG BASS 30 1/2" SCALE
471356.jpg

HOFNER BASS 30" SCALE
270545.jpg

BIRDSONG 31" SCALE                                 
sadhanabass4sm.jpg

There is a market for it.  But who wouldn't want to customize their own from Warmoth parts? I'm a guitar player and a bass player. There are a lot of us. Short scale rules! :guitarplayer2:

I second this suggestion!

Bodies and necks for short scale basses would be nice.

I'd like to do a Mustang Bass without having to play an inferior neck and a low cost body.

Mustang body - adapted to Mustang Bass. 30.5" Bass Guitar neck, good woods, great sounds and better playing action.

Please. :toothy11:

Yep, they'd sell like hotcakes. Bass players are NUTS for equipment, they'd all have to get one. :hello2:

stubhead said:
Yep, they'd sell like hotcakes. Bass players are NUTS for equipment, they'd all have to get one. :hello2:

LOL, guilty as charged!  My wife hates it, but ah jes caint hep masef.

Now THIS is a really good suggestion. I wand to make a Mustang Bass ASAP. I would buy one, but the Fender model feels cheap. Plus I  want pup options and wood options. And fretwire options.I hope this suggestion gets done.

Tony Cannoli said:
Now THIS is a really good suggestion. I wand to make a Mustang Bass ASAP. I would buy one, but the Fender model feels cheap. Plus I  want pup options and wood options. And fretwire options.I hope this suggestion gets done.

It would be cool to do a Mustang with an exotic top, no pickguard...

JBD

I must build a bass similar to THIS! But I want a rear route, Ernie Ball style humbucker, no pickguard, black body with maple neck with maple fretboard.

What you are seeing/hearing is a 1976 Mustang bass, 30" inch scale length, with a Mudbucker pickup.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPC_bVAtPNQ

It will be mine....someday it will be mine!

Back