Short Scale Bass Neck

RIPeturs

30" scale bass neck,
Warhead peghead,
Canary on Canary,
6130 medium jumbo frets (not offered in stainless :sad1:)
Tusq XL nut,
Drilled for BML Lite Tuners
G4 body for the win

Attachments

• DSCF3133.JPG
    DSCF3133.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 472
Very nice,
Glad to get to see a canary on canary bass neck as i was considering one for a raw neck
substitute for a maple neck for my project bass if i want to put a warmoth neck on it.
Know it isn't as bright as maple but its closer to bright than warm and the colour is still light if streaky but thats nice
Very nice neck, hope to know how it plays/sounds, soon  :icon_biggrin:

Soooo awesome.  I can't wait until I have money for a short scale bass build.  That's a very nice piece of canary, you're gonna love it.  I love my canary Strat neck.

Nice! I'm going back and forth between 30" and 32" for my eventual bass build. I keep thinking 30" might feel too short. Keep us updated on this one.

so far it seems close to the same fret spacing as a 34" scale neck, except it starts at the third fret... I played on a Gretch shot scale bass to get the feel before I went with the 30"

Very nice! I ordered a canary/canary P-Bass replacement neck for my '71 and it looks like I made the right choice. Should be here next week. I'm very interested to see how your build goes, keep us posted.

That is a great looking neck! The back piece looks really light in color. Have you decided on a color for the body yet?

THX, the back is much lighter than the fretboard...the paint is a dark purple with some pearliod in it to give it a bit of a sparkle, it also changes hues depending on the angle one looks at it. The painter uses the color on custom motorcycles

RIPetrus said:
THX, the back is much lighter than the fretboard...the paint is a dark purple with some pearliod in it to give it a bit of a sparkle, it also changes hues depending on the angle one looks at it. The painter uses the color on custom motorcycles

You sir have instantly got my approval with such a colour choice  :toothy10: :laughing7:

Back