Shoreline Gold P90 Tele

ragamuffin

UPS came the other day to deliver (part) of my baby, a new shoreline gold Warmoth tele body! I'm pairing it with the goncalo/ebony neck that I've been using for several years with a Fender blacktop body I painted.

Body specs:
-Two piece alder
-Rear route
-Two P90s
-Narrow strat flat mount
-Forearm, heel, and tummycut contours
-720 mod
-Strat T-T and blade switch control routes
-Shoreline gold

Neck Specs:
-Very stripey goncalo alves shaft with ebony fretboard
-Modern construction
-Standard thin contour
-SS 6105 frets

Electronics and Hardware:
-Hipshot hardtail bridge
-Hipshot open back locking tuners
-Roadhouse Pickups "True Blue" P90s
-250k volume and 500k tone Bourns 95 pots
-.033 cap, PIO just for fun

This guitar has been through several iterations over the years, and is a bit different than I originally envisioned it, but has come out as an amazing instrument that suits my preferences perfectly.  I'm really happy with the pickups, which sound much better than the Duncan P-rails that I had in the previous body. They're everything I like about P90's; "piano-like" cleans, lots of string to string definition, and they really growl when you push them. I'm now fully satisfied with every part of this guitar, and the only thing it could use is a pro fret level and setup. I do a decent setup myself, but I'll leave the leveling to someone with more experience.

Attachments

• unnamed-2.jpg
    unnamed-2.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 774
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 794
Wow! That's absolutely stunning. I'm super jealous right now. It's funny you should mention the classy Suhr look. My first thought was "Huh, I bet Guthrie Govan would like that guitar."  :eek:ccasion14:

Ooooh yes - nice and clean! I like your style. :icon_thumright: What's next?  :icon_biggrin:

I think you two are brothers from a different mother. Went to different schools together and everything.

Thanks guys! I think Frown and I are definitely related, at least in thought.

Next? I think this will be my number one for a long time, but I've been dreaming of something baritone and possibly trying my hand at finishing, possibly with a body like this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/CUSTOM-ORDER-RB-G-UNFINISHED-WHITE-PINE-GUITAR-BODY-FITS-STRATOCASTER-NECK-/391681746297?hash=item5b320d2579

Beautiful. You did a classy job, there. Big thumbs-up! :icon_thumright:

That looks absolutely awesome.
Did the Hipshot bridge fit the narrow strat flat mount directly, or did you have to do some adjustments? I thought that the Hipshot had even more narrow string spacing, like the American Std flat (0,416 (2,08) instead of 0,425 (2,125) like the narrow has).

Thanks guys!

Logrinn; the mounting holes line up perfectly, but the string holes are a little bit off, especially on the E strings. There's still plenty of space to stick a string through though. The cheapskate in me refused to pay an extra fifty dollars for the true Hipshot route, but this worked out ok.

Amigarobbo; it's a little more gold in real life, but a little more silvery than I expected

ragamuffin said:
Amigarobbo; it's a little more gold in real life, but a little more silvery than I expected.

I think it needs a different name.  Not sure what, I'm not a paint naming kind of guy, but something having to do with silver or gray might be more appropriate than gold.

GoldTopGold.jpg
MetallicGold.jpg
FireMistGold.jpg
GoldFlake.jpg
ShorelineGold.jpg
CandyTangerine.jpg

Those are Gold Top Gold, Metallic Gold, Fire Mist Gold, Gold Flake, Shoreline Gold and Candy Tangerine (because I couldn't stop myself), respectively. I know paint names can be pretty imaginative, but...

Maybe shoreline gold because Fender didn't think metallic sand sounded too good.

Lovely guitar anyway. We've already had elegant, classy and sleek; how about functional and stylish?

ragamuffin said:
Thanks guys! I think Frown and I are definitely related, at least in thought.

Next? I think this will be my number one for a long time, but I've been dreaming of something baritone and possibly trying my hand at finishing, possibly with a body like this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/CUSTOM-ORDER-RB-G-UNFINISHED-WHITE-PINE-GUITAR-BODY-FITS-STRATOCASTER-NECK-/391681746297?hash=item5b320d2579

Intriguing - I look forward to your next build! In the meantime I'll enjoy looking at the one you've just made, as it's giving me ideas for my next build...  :laughing7:

How did I not notice this beauty when it went up?  That's a lovely axe.  Very nice choices all around. 

Cagey said:
ragamuffin said:
Amigarobbo; it's a little more gold in real life, but a little more silvery than I expected.

I think it needs a different name.  Not sure what, I'm not a paint naming kind of guy, but something having to do with silver or gray might be more appropriate than gold.

GoldTopGold.jpg
MetallicGold.jpg
FireMistGold.jpg
GoldFlake.jpg
ShorelineGold.jpg
CandyTangerine.jpg

Those are Gold Top Gold, Metallic Gold, Fire Mist Gold, Gold Flake, Shoreline Gold and Candy Tangerine (because I couldn't stop myself), respectively. I know paint names can be pretty imaginative, but...

I don't know how helpful this is, but this is Rickenbacker's take on Shoreline desert Gold:

810-01-rickenbacker-360-desert-gold-rare-original-case-year.jpg

I wish they have more tele and other IN STOCK GUITAR BODIES don't have pickup routings, so I can made it as P90 like this one  :party07:

Back