Shell Pink Bound Telecaster

jbohr

ok so I just got My Pink Tele in the mail...It looks amazing I can't wait to get it up and running.. I would love to post some pictures.. I am trying to figure out how right now... But here are the specs.

I ordered it May 19th it Came July 6th.  (this was a couple weeks earlier then I was expecting so I can't complain) It was well worth the weight

Body
Swamp Ash
Shell Pink
Double Bound in White
(Going for a 60's custom look)

Neck
Birdseye Maple (Not AAA but surprisingly a wonderful hunk of wood)
Boatneck
Vintage Tint Satin

Other stuff you might find interesting:
Im gonna put texas specials in it... I put them in my other tele and loved them
Vintage Gotoh Chrome Tuners
Modern Tele Bridge
4-way switch
White/black/white pickguard

Also once I finally get the pics up you'll notice that the fret wire looks gold... that is because of the vintage tint.  Once I dress the frets that will be silver.

I've been reading a bunch on this forum about how to put in the tuner ferrules with the hole being a double smidge too small.  I wonder why Warmoth does'nt just drill the holes to only be a single smidge too small.  Anyway Did anyone else run into this problem with their vintage tuners?  
IMG_7382.jpg

IMG_7381.jpg

IMG_7384.jpg

IMG_7385.jpg

IMG_7386.jpg

IMG_7387.jpg

IMG_7388.jpg

IMG_7389.jpg

IMG_7392.jpg

IMG_7393.jpg

I love clean looking Teles like this. Yum. No tuner mounting experience/advice though...

i like the white binding! understated and classy  :icon_thumright:  and my tuners went right in the holes they drilled in the headstock... warmoth drills the holes to fit an 11/32" tuner holes normally, then you can have then drill them bigger if need be before they send it out to you... maybe they forgot to bore a slightly larger hole? i'm not sure.

anyway, great looking project!

The tuner holes are drilled before the finish goes on. You have finish lipped down inside the tuner holes which makes them a touch snug. We suggest lightly sanding the finish out of those tuner holes for a perfect fit. Cool binding and finish color on that body.

Man, that's incredibly cool.  And yes, light sanding for the glory.  Kudos on your good taste.

-Mark

That looks awesome!  I want a double-bound purple tele and a shell pink strat with a vintage tint neck.

I am surprised i really like the pink on this guitar!  :glasses9:
Very classy look, and a really nice neck too!

So for this build I am working with a couple of great technicians that know how to do things properly.  I've decided to post my process with lots of pictures to help those of you who are like me. 

I've hit a couple snags in the process 1. I ordered a modern bridge (not from warmoth)  Warmoth drills for 4 screw vintage style modern is three and sett up differently.  We were going to just drill new holes for mounting, but that would make the pickup routing wrong.  So anyway I've ordered a modern style bridge so now we sit and wait.
2.  I want Texas Specials and figured I could buy them at a guitar center when I was ready... I should have planned a little better... I called four guitar centers and three other dealers nobody had them in stock... boo. So I will also be sitting and waiting for those to arrive.

So today I did tuners, string ferrules, a rough fret dress, and the first mounting of the neck.  It looks great so far.

Tomorrow I will be finishing the fret clean up and leveling, painting the first coat of sheilding paint in all the cavities, and wiring the control plate and mounting the jack.  Until I get the pickups and bridge I cant do much more.  I am very anxious to get this thing plugged in but I cant without these parts.  I also want to do all this properly the first time. 

look for updates in the work in progress over the next couple days. 

You can't put a modern bridge on that beauty! You need a Callaham or other bridge (Joe Barden, etc.) - they sound better, look great and will fit your vibe. Great parts, btw, congrats.

tfarny said:
You can't put a modern bridge on that beauty! You need a Callaham or other bridge (Joe Barden, etc.) - they sound better, look great and will fit your vibe. Great parts, btw, congrats.

+1 go classic!

Wow.  I love the color and the binding is really great.  I've always wanted a shell pink strat. :icon_smile:

That guitar is going to be beautiful - I'm  looking to do a double bound tele. and yours is giving me GAS nice build.

Back