Shamrock Green Jazzmaster

hchoe741

First build!! :blob7: :blob7: I've named it "Jademaster" Thanks to everyone for answering my questions and giving suggestions!

Wanted to wait until I fitted the neck before installing the pickguard to ensure proper string alignment with the polepieces, but when I test fitted it there was no wiggle room at all due to the humbucker covers. Luckily from what I can guess by sight just the high e string will be just slightly off
20170222_003552_zpsl5abyd7y.jpg

Made some boo boos installing the string ferrules. Good thing my belly will be covering it up when I play
20170222_003715_zpsu3clhxqh.jpg

Custom engraving, designed by me, done on neck plate and headstock by a local trophy shop
20170222_003709_zpso4fwcmiw.jpg

The outline of "Jade" was engraved and I just hand painted the inside with metallic acrylic paint that's kinda close to the finish of the body
20170222_003803_zpszwwsdncc.jpg

Things left to do: spray the face of headstock with poly, not sure if I want gloss, satin, or maybe semigloss, and get the frets leveled, polished, etc, then assemble and setup, then shred!! :headbanging:

Can't wait!!

Gorgeous piece of work! Interesting shade of green. Nice work on the headstock emblem.

Reminds me of my Jazzmasters, neither of which have the traditional bridge/vibrato setup. Lotta undeveloped real estate on those things when you don't have any hardware mounted back there. I think next time I do a Jazzmaster I may use that space to put some engraving or other kind of artwork.

Thanks!! I was kinda surprised when I saw the finish in person, it seemed darker on the warmoth website, but it's growing on me, though there's probably no way that I'll hate the guitar no matter what, it's like my offspring, my firstborn lol. I've bought, sold, and traded so many guitars over the years, but there's no way I'm selling this one.

Damn I love that colour. Looks like some sort of dragon. This would be a sort of dream guitar for me.

Logrinn said:
Very nice. What kind of pickups are those? And what does the upper switch do?
Thanks! They're dimarzios, paf master in neck and paf 36th anniversary in bridge. The upper switch is a filter, a .01uf pio cap, when it's on its like the tone knob is turned down all the way.

That green is nice and the overall look is cool. Does the slide switch with the cap bypass the tone control when activated or add to it?

Rgand said:
That green is nice and the overall look is cool. Does the slide switch with the cap bypass the tone control when activated or add to it?
Thanks! It bypasses it as far as I know. Here's the diagram if you'd like
Wiring%202_zpsqgbyexza.png
the pickup switching a bit unique as well, it splits the coils in the middle position

So there is no (variable) tone control. The pup selector is in the usual tone position. I'll be interested to know how it works out for you.

Thanks for the diagram. It makes simple sense. I'll be interested to hear how you like it, too.

I've never liked metallic green before.  Now I love it - what a cool guitar, brother. 

Very cool looking guitar in a color I wouldn't think I would like! Got to make sure to get her finished up before that St. Patty's day gig!  :rock-on:

I really like this guitar! Great color and hardware choices - the bit of green on the headstock is a great little touch also. Please post more pics when you get it finished.

WF

Back