September 2012 Guitar of the Month Contest Submissions

Altar said:
I know, not a great idea. just quite a few builds or build-to-be's right now like that.

Not at all my friend.    It has been a subject of great debate for some time.

GOM said:
You have until the 7th to send your entry in!
Yeah, but my neck will still be off in Cagey-land at that point, and I don't think a neck-less guitar is gonna win GOM...

Neck-less, fret-less, what the heck-less, give it a shot...and,
hey, that DIY finished GOM thing sounds like an idea, don't it? :evil4:

You+must+be+really+new+here+_56a5bb0cd7f024b20f7b124f5c9a193a.jpg

TBurst Std said:
Awesome group of guitars. Hard decision, but it is made :)
shouldn't be so hasty to decide, there should still be at least one more that's not up yet... :dontknow:

Working out the kinks on the last couple of submissions.  There should be at least 12 in the contest by the end of the day. 

:eek:  HOLY CRAP  :eek: 

What a completely amazing GOTM this months is .... WOW WOW WOW

Talk about a bit of EVERTHING  :icon_thumright: ... very well done all  :hello2:

How is #12 warmoth finished?

And I like the recent entries, especially #10... looks like a fender, but heavily modified.

Altar said:
It is professionally finished with a Warmoth neck, which makes it qualify as in this month. It does not qualify in the User finished category.
The aluminum body only makes it seem funny because you'd think of it as 'raw & unfinished' but it has been worked over & polished well.  It's a bit of a grey area, but under the spirit of the game, this is where it should be.

AutoBat said:
Altar said:
It is professionally finished with a Warmoth neck, which makes it qualify as in this month. It does not qualify in the User finished category.
The aluminum body only makes it seem funny because you'd think of it as 'raw & unfinished' but it has been worked over & polished well.  It's a bit of a grey area, but under the spirit of the game, this is where it should be.
So the neck is finished?

The "Warmoth Finished" month is also available to any professionally finished guitars, as stated in the general rules of the contest.  DangerousR6 asked us about whether or not his guitar qualified for this month, and we agreed that it did, considering that the aluminum body was professionally finished. 

You can see the official rules here:
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=15351.0

PS- There was one last minute submission.  13 entries this month!  :headbang:

Wow, Doughboy, wait til the last minute and then spring that sexy momma on us?  Makes choosing even harder.

Altar said:
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be disagreeable, I just misunderstood. oops. :-\

No worries.  Doug himself wondered if it was eligible before he entered the contest, so just thought I'd explain it so it was clear for everyone.  Maybe someone else out there has an aluminum guitar they were thinking of entering.  You never know, right?

Back