Selling my soloist!

Oh, from the original thread:
I went with all dimarzio pups, a super D in bridge, area 58 middle, and area tele in the neck!
That sounds more likely.

As for the tele neck pickup rout, that's a mega dealbreaker for me. Where on earth did you hear that a tele neck pickup is better than a regular Strat single coil? Look at the Teles made on here, and see how many of those have regular Tele neck pickups. Then try and find a single non-Tele guitar with a Tele neck pickup rout anywhere on the board. Except yours.

Yikes, bidding got to 225. I bet you could of sold your Floyd and pickups for more than that.

I'm sorry, this post is kind of mean, but true. Why did you want to sell it in the first place? Did your interests really change so drastically that you would practically give away a guitar that you spent all that money on and barely even played?

Bidding never got up to reserve price, so it didn't sell. He's gotta be relieved about that. But, it does show what the thing is worth in the real world.

For my first Warmoth, I bought* an original Floyd Rose in black on eBay for the UK equivalent of about $240, I think.

* (actually it was bought for me as a gift)

I am impressed by how tastefully and respectfully everyone provided input on why the resale value is low.  I would agree with the others on parting it out, or at least sell the neck, body and case separately. Other option is install pick-up rings and consider it a complete guitar.  For reference on resale value, I bought a gorgeous Warmoth LP complete for $400 locally.  The person had the posting up for about two weeks on Craigslist and I was the only person to contact him.  I have to agree with Cagey that any one spec, that cannot easily be changed, on the guitar can turn someone off from purchasing it.

jay4321 said:
I've sold Warmoth stuff before and I eBay "Warmoth" at least once a week, see about everything there. If that specific body were absolutely untouched in the box, meaning no neck plate has ever been on it or anything--not the case here--I would guess you'd still be waiting a while to find the right buyer at $225 or something.

Sick read.

But look, the reserve price thing sucks and is a pain for reasons I won't go into. Unless you're desperate for cash immediately, part it all out, and don't do auctions. If you list the pickups correctly at a sane price they'll sell. Same with the bridge. You can start your body higher as a fixed price Buy-It-Now. That way you can also do the Immediate Payment Required and not screw around with a non-payer.

Start the body at $375 if you want. Bring it down 25 a week until it sells or until you can't justify selling it. Either way if you try to do this in a hurry you're just going to wind up either wasting people's time (and yours) or you'll just be giving stuff away. You're going to take a serious bath on this considering what you paid but you still want to maximize your return.

From a buyer's standpoint, Buy it Now is good because you're not screwing around waiting for auctions to end. You can buy it and pay right then and there. It's not like they can go anywhere else to buy a used Warmoth body from a store, you've got the only body like that. If they want it they'll buy it. And there won't be enough interest to start a bidding war. If you find the one in a million guy to buy this, then give them the opportunity to buy it immediately (and let pay for it before they can change their mind). If I'm looking for a rare thing and one catches my eye, I don't want to wait until Tuesday to find out what it costs or if I'm the winner. Wanna snag it before someone else and get it on the way to my house.

I'm with jay4321 on the buy it now part. Unless it is something that I REALLLLY want, if it isn't buy it now I will pretty much skip right over it. I like buying it and knowing it is mine, then paying right away. Then after that I am covered if anything crappy happens with it not shipping and all that.

Back