Seattle, WA area

apologies for the images being off-line ... I'm in process of updating them to point to the proper locations within my new website folders

all the best,

R

organizing my boxes of figured tops at the moment so I can get them priced/uploaded onto the webpage

RGW-BassTopsBoxes.jpg

RGW-BassTopsBoxes-A.jpg

that's about half of what I have in stock for tops. the rest is at the very back end of the storage unit (what did I do to tick-off the movers that they would put my wood behind all of the other junk??)

all the best,

R

:eek:

NOOOOOOO! I'm trying to avoid my adiction, you damn bugger!!!!

Seems you have some nice things there!
You have like 80 tops there?? :eek:  Wow! I thought I had many woods here  :laughing7: Will definitively show my mom to say I'm not taking much space on her apartment  :toothy12:

Good to see your site is back! congrats!

Welcome back  :headbang:

NonsenseTele said:
Wow! I thought I had many woods here  :laughing7: Will definitively show my mom to say I'm not taking much space on her apartment
That kind of response almost demands pics, Fernando.  :laughing7:

Blue313 said:
Welcome back  :headbang:

NonsenseTele said:
Wow! I thought I had many woods here  :laughing7: Will definitively show my mom to say I'm not taking much space on her apartment
That kind of response almost demands pics, Fernando.  :laughing7:

I'll try to :)

Fernando - you also saw these, right?  :laughing7:

FiguredMaple-21Feb09.jpg

I scored them a couple weeks ago. the thinnest one will do 3 or 4 1-piece tops if I were to decide to do so and cut it right.

maybe we can work out ans exchange - I'll mail you figured Western Maple and you send me Rosewood  :glasses9:

all the best,

R

Dam these are BIG :eek:

We can try it, I'll have to check out my seller here, but not sure if I would get it cheaper than he sells to Europe :tard:
Weird...

Here's the inside scoop on my next 4-string lefty build:

- VRB-DS4L model (P-bass body shape)
- Alder body finished in Lake Placid Blue metallic
- birdseye/birdseye 21-fret neck, 1-1/2" nut width, graphite stiffened, satin finish
- Hammon Engineering Darkstar pickup
- Hipshot Ultralight tuners
- Hipshot Type A bridge (with thru-body string option)
- white Pearloid pickguard
- chrome hardware
- passive Vol / Tone controls

The Lake Placid Blue metallic body color and birdseye neck woods are upgrades over my basic VRB-DS4 model specs

VRB-DS4L-LPB-NeckInstalled.jpg

This is an image of the first neck/body test fit done over the weekend. I need to take them back apart so I can route the Darkstar pickup cavity, drill the wire tunnel to the control cavity, and route the pickup hole in the pickguard (once it arrives in the coming week or so.) From there it's a rather simple assembly and set-up job

I hope to have a couple sound clips available on my website once this is completed. I'll post a follow-up here when they're available so people will have a Darkstar pickup reference should they opt for one on their future DIY W build project

all the best,

R

When you knock the socks off a lefty, does it matter if you're north or south of the equator? :dontknow:

("There ARE no stupid questions....") :blob7:

this one's all wrapped up! I have a session scheduled at a friend's studio at 3P Sun to record a few clips of this project. I'll get those uploaded to my website in the coming week

VRB09402DSL-Front.jpg
VRB09402DSL-FrontCloseup.jpg

VRB09402DSL-HeadstockFront.jpg

VRB09402DSL-HeadstockBack.jpg

VRB09402DSL-NeckBackCloseup.jpg

VRB09402DSL-NeckBackCloseup2.jpg

all the best,

R

Is that a STEEL nut? If so, yowza - I admire your stamina. I can't even get psyched to start wailing away on these brass sheets I bought... Pretty bass, thought the bitty tuners look... just wrong, to an old stick like me. Long live doofus tuners! :hello2:

I utilize a zero-fret on almost all my basses, whit a bone nut about 1/8" behind it solely to guide the string spacing. in essence this works out to be similar to a stainless steel nut. I like the zero-fret for the consistency of fretting feel and consistency of sound between open and fretted notes

Schaller and Hipshot 'standard' style tuners are available as an option for those who would want them - but IMO why add 1/2 pound of weight to the end of the neck when there's a viable option to make something more ergonomic and usable

now to get to work on that Axiom 5'er ...

all the best,

R

a pair of sound clips for your listening pleasure

http://regenerateguitarworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/vrb-ds4l-sample-meters.mp3

http://regenerateguitarworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/vrb-ds4l-sample-immigrantsong.mp3

in contrast, here's a VRB-P4 (with DA flats and a Nordstrand NP-4) I built a while back recording the same tracks

http://regenerateguitarworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/vrb-p4-sample-meters.mp3

http://regenerateguitarworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/vrb-p4-sample-immigrantsong.mp3

all the best,

R

taking a breather from all of the activities here in the new shop .... besides bringing the new Regenerate webpage online, here's a few of the basses I've wrapped up (or have almost wrapped up) since my last appearance here ...

RA09507-FirstLookFront.jpg
RA09507-FirstLookBack.jpg

HeritagePlus4Extreme-Completed-Fron.jpg
HeritagePlus4Extreme-Completed-Back.jpg

RH09406T5L-InProgressWithPickgua-1.jpg

RH09501P-AlmostComplete-Front2.jpg

RV09502P-FirstStringsInstalled.jpg

RV09502P-InsertsInstalledTestFit-1.jpg

AND ... I've also been working the CAD models & CNC to bring my new M-Series design to life. Here's an older image of the first production prototype body fresh off the CNC table (and before the hold down tabs were removed)

this body core block

RGW-M5-Sandwich.jpg

became this roughed body

RGW-M5-Exhumed-Front.jpg
RGW-M5-Exhumed-Back.jpg

I'll eventually post images of how this looks after all of the detail sanding was completed

OK ... back to lurk mode ...

all the best,

R

Welcome back, Skuttlefunk!

We thought the Funk died!

..Two weeks later, I found the Funk in bed with a Conger Eel. At first I thought it was a sea anemone, but under closer inspection, I realized that it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.

Back