Sea Foam Green Jazzmaster

random1

My first Warmoth build, I've know about Warmoth for more than 20 years, but never took the plunge until now. I read many reviews of Warmoths and did not find any negative comments.

This build was inspired by the Fano JM6 (image at bottom) which uses P-90 pickups with a Jazzmaster style body and a tune-o-matic bridge. I really like how the Fano feels and plays, but I was not about to lay out $2,500 plus dollars to get one. I decided to try a Warmoth custom parts approach costing about $1,200 for all parts, so not bad at less than half the price. I am really happy with the results.

Body:
Alder, Sea Foam green, Lollar P-90 pickups, fully copper shielded cavity and pick guard.

Neck:
1-5/8" at nut with a 10-16" compound radius, 6105 frets, Sperzel tuners, vintage tinted satin nitroceluous finish, white Graphtech nut, and DIY water slide decal sprayed over with the same finish (from Reranch) as the rest of the neck.

Warmoth did all the finishing except over the decal.

The sound through an amp is really nice, and unplugged it sounds great, resonates loudly. The Warmoth neck plays awesome. The weight came in at 7lb 5oz and is well balanced. This is one pound lighter than my favorite Strat, so it feels great to wear.

I did not go for the aged/distressed finish typical of Fano guitars, but I did use a scotch brite pad and dulled out all of the chrome, pickup covers, knobs, and pickup switch plastic tip. This level of intentional distressing softens the look a bit and everything generally feel smother/softer.

If I want another guitar in the future it's likely going to be a Warmoth.  :eek:ccasion14:

p1862627495-5.jpg

p1627511831-5.jpg

p1739875665-5.jpg

p1687601347-5.jpg

Fano JM6
jm6olympicyorn.jpg

Love your jazzmaster! Also where did you get that sticker? and if you made it yourself is there any possibility of me buying one from you?

Back