Roasted Ash bodies

TBurst Std

OK, I can't wait to see finished roasted ash bodies. I have an idea for Mary Kaye white on roasted ash.

Both of the winners from the recent Roasted Swamp Ash Sweepstakes ordered theirs in Black to Clear Burst, so we will get to see what that looks like before long. Somebody here ordered one in Transparent Red, so that's on deck too.

Wanna see one in Mary Kay White? You know what to do!  :headbang:

Bear in mind that any finish from Warmoth will look great. If you order MK on RSA, be sure to post a pic here on the forum.

AA, is Warmoth going to put pics of the colored ones on the website to help others make their choices in the future?

I'm gonna try, but grabbing pictures of custom orders as they scoot through the shop can sometimes be hit or miss. I can throw out the request to flag them for photography, but sometimes if they come through during a time when either shipping or photography is super busy, it just doesn't happen. Getting them out to the customer is the priority. I will do my best to at least grab a cell phone pic, but no promises.

Well, the trans red was ordered by Rgand.  I have a feeling that if you do miss that one, he will post pics in the forum.  Right?

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=27153.0

double A said:
I'm gonna try, but grabbing pictures of custom orders as they scoot through the shop can sometimes be hit or miss. I can throw out the request to flag them for photography, but sometimes if they come through during a time when either shipping or photography is super busy, it just doesn't happen. Getting them out to the customer is the priority. I will do my best to at least grab a cell phone pic, but no promises.
Good, That will help. If you miss mine, you can swipe a photo from the thread when I post it although it won't be as professional as a studio shot like your photographer does.

ghotiphry said:
Well, the trans red was ordered by Rgand.  I have a feeling that if you do miss that one, he will post pics in the forum.  Right?

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=27153.0
Absolutely. I intend to post as representative photos as possible when it first comes out of the box. I'll try to get some good build pics, too.

giphy.gif

I doubt it, and I don't think it has to do with wood species. It's that all the bodies that make it to the Showcase have had their edges rounded to some degree. Even Telecasters and VIPs, which have somewhat squared off edges, still have a 1/4" roundover on them. Makes it tough to route out a channel for binding because it's liable to leave a bit of the curve onto the top. I know if I was them, I'd skip the edge-rounding step while the blank is still in the CNC machine, and add the binding channel cut in its place.

jackthehack said:
Can double cream binding be added to an unfinished roast swamp ash bodies in the Showcase?

No. To get double binding you would need to order through the custom builder or over the phone.

Back