Right Hand Reverse Strat Bodies

Updown

Your thoughts ..... :dontknow:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Warmoth-Guitar-Products/89032733288

:icon_scratch:  I don't know, I'd probably end up trying to play it left handed or standing on my head or something weird  :tard:

I'm pretty sure that you won't see one of those in any of my Warmoth builds  :laughing7: 

Please discuss  :icon_biggrin:

Ummmm .... I don't have a Facebook account either ... But I can see them  :icon_scratch:

Try the facebook button at the bottom of Warmoth site. That's how I get there.

"Our Right Hand Reverse Strat® replacement bodies will definitely make you do a double take. It's basically a left handed body with all of the control and pickup routs routed for a right hand configuration. But the pickguard is also a custom creation that retains that Strat® feel and functionality.

The Right Hand Reverse option uses our standard Strat® neck pocket, so it would be a great option for your old Strat® neck. Get rid of your old body and take your new one in reverse!"

323258_10151276164968289_1393475329_o.jpg

A bit twisted, but let's say I don't hate it.

But they should have had a picture of one with a reverse angled bridge PU for the Hendrix lovers to contemplate.

I love 'em, but then I am drawn to anything out-of-the-ordinary. One of my first project ideas was a RHR Strat in Blue Sparkle! A maple/maple or canary/canary neck, H-S-S pups and a whammy bar. If I find I need a Strat, that's probably gonna be the one I build.

Updown said:
Ummmm .... I don't have a Facebook account either ... But I can see them  :icon_scratch:

No, that doesn't work, either.

This isn't a Windows machine. I run Linux, which is exceptionally good about disallowing invasion. Facebook is nothing if not the biggest piece of spyware on the planet, so it's unlikely it'll ever work on this machine unless I compromise all my security and start surfing as admin. That's not going to happen.

Cagey said:
Updown said:

No, that doesn't work, either.

This isn't a Windows machine. I run Linux, which is exceptionally good about disallowing invasion. Facebook is nothing if not the biggest piece of spyware on the planet, so it's unlikely it'll ever work on this machine unless I compromise all my security and start surfing as admin. That's not going to happen.
Perhaps you just have FB blocked (which is not an unreasonable thing to do, BTW)?

It's possible. But, I've gone through my hosts file, the iptables, the Adblock, NoScript, Ghostery and BetterPrivacy filters, as well as the cookie permissions list, and I can't find any references to Facebook. But, it could be third-party server-side stuff (very common with ad servers and spyware) that has some obscure name so I'm not recognizing it. I suspect it's because I don't run as admin, so it doesn't have access to system files/directories.

In one of my "day-dream" builds, I plan to use a white hardtail RHR strat body with a 3+3 neck (like maybe the warmoth headstock) and put a dimarzio fs-1 in the bridge, like in Johnny Ramone's Mosrite, and that will be my "Ramones" guitar. I might even put the SD mini-humbucker in the neck, even though I don't think Johnny ever used the mini-humbucker.

Then I'll sit in my room playing power chords, relatively slowly (because you're only supposed to use the downstroke when playing Ramones.)

I was going to say - it looks kinda Mosriteish. Personally I don't get it. I'd think any right handed players playing left handed looking guitars would want the bridge pickup to be 'normal' for a lefty. This is all the ugly and lack of function without the benefit of the reverse angled bridge pickup. Fail!

As I recall, Jimi only played them because it was much harder to get the right thing in those days. It was a major compromise for him. I'm sure everyone's heard the stories of him going into music stores and just randomly picking a few Strats off the wall and buying them. Very much a "shut up 'n' play yer guitar" kind of guy, rather than going through all kinds of gyrations to get something "just right" so he could get "his tone".

Meet Max the Strat
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=9734.0
This is my review of Max the Strat.
The negative.
1. The balance it terrible so it is neck heavy.
2. Access to the upper frets is horrible!
3. I hate all the tuners on the bottom and backwards from normal.
4. Other guitar players look at you funny.
The positive.
1. It is the best sounding Strat I have ever played!!!! Seriously I have never heard one better.
2. It has killed every Strat we have every done an A/B test against it no matter what amp.
3. Every guitar player that has ever played it says it is weird but it sounds amazing.
4. Whenever I play it live it never fails that even people who do not know anything about guitars tell me it sounds amazing or that they like it when I use that white one.

Bottom line: I wish I could get a normal Strat to sound as good as it does because they feel way better. I don't know if this one is the magic combination of every thing lining up just right but it sounds unbelievable. Would I have it as my only guitar? No.

They look so bassackwards, it's actually kinda cool. But maybe Hendrix was on to something he wasn't letting everyone else in on... :dontknow:

Hendrix didn't play a RHR strat, he just played a rh strat upside down. You want that effect, you need a leftie body and neck.

And Cagey, there's no code in the Facebook website that could demand from the browser that it interface with your OS to get access to system files and directories. If there were such a piece of code that could be written, it would be considered a huge security problem in the browser - not the site. What browser are you using?

Jumble Jumble said:
And Cagey, there's no code in the Facebook website that could demand from the browser that it interface with your OS to get access to system files and directories. If there were such a piece of code that could be written, it would be considered a huge security problem in the browser - not the site. What browser are you using?

You're kidding, right? There are probably about 3 - 4 billion people who either wish that were true, or are currently under surveillance and unaware that it is.

I use Firefox running on Linux to browse the Internet.

Jumble Jumble said:
Hendrix didn't play a RHR strat, he just played a rh strat upside down. You want that effect, you need a leftie body and neck.

I'm fully aware of what Hendrix played..

Back