Return of the Soycaster: In Progress!!

m4rk0

Epic Member
So Luke finally received his Tele Body and Neck from the showcase today!!! and we couldn't be more excited!
We started working on it straight away! Like the first Soycaster, we won't fill grain, since we are after a natural open grain look!
just a light sand here and there, and some cleaning with Naphta:

here are pictures of before and after the first coat of Tru Oil - See how much of a difference it made! the grain and different colors of the pao ferro came popping out, and the light Mahogany turned into a warm red, with some nice grain, (ribbons?) and even some flame coming out! it's even better in person!!

Before:
LukesTele002.jpg

LukesTele004.jpg

LukesTele001.jpg

In progress:
LukesTele013.jpg

halfway:
LukesTele015.jpg

Luke is laserfocussed!
LukesTele016.jpg

see how the mahogany changed color!
LukesTele018.jpg

and After:
LukesTele023.jpg

fricking amazing!
LukesTele024.jpg

The boob-inga neck, before we taped the face off
LukesTele028.jpg

after some tru oil on the headstock, the colors match even better!
LukesTele032.jpg

Love it.  Theres a soloist on the showcase thats similar.  I've been really having to restrain myself..

oi oi! post the one of me pointing at the grain!
It is beautiful.. and max.. you've lost.. I'm going gold.  :laughing7:

Very nice indeed, that pau just looks sweet with the tru-oil. The mahogany is pretty spectacular too, but it would have looked so much better with some black grain fill in the mahogany...

This is the back of my spalted tele after the black grain fill... :headbang1:
Spalttele9.jpg

I gotta be honest, I like it more with out.. same with my black korina backed strat.. something about no grain fill really appeals to me, the look and the feel.  :tard:

Luke said:
I gotta be honest, I like it more with out.. same with my black korina backed strat.. something about no grain fill really appeals to me, the look and the feel.  :tard:
Oh, don't get me wrong Luke. That back on that is scrumptiously delicious, but the black grain fill IMO tends to enhance the grain structure a bit more. But that does look fabulous without a doubt... :eek:ccasion14:

Advise me bretheren..

I can't seem to find the DiMarzio 36th PAF in Gold.. at all.. so unless someone can point me to it, I'm open to many recommendations.

Thanks!  :headbang:

Back