Remembering Ken Warmoth

Unwound G

Sadden to hear Old Man Warmoth passed today.  I've known him since him and Paul were helping out their dad, Jim.  My deepest condolences go out to his family and friends.  Just last week I found an old letter Ken wrote to me some 25 years ago while cleaning out my files.  A true gentleman with my highest respect.  R.I.P. my friend.

Attachments

• Ken Warmoth letter.pdf
    582.2 KB · Views: 227
That's a sad thing. I always enjoyed talking with Ken at the NAMM shows twice a year. A super nice cat.

I’m sorry to hear this.
My deepest condolencies to his family and everybody at Warmoth.

I never met the man nor directly interacted with him, but everything I know about him from the stories of others tells me he was a good man and a good friend. I’m sorry to hear of this.

I am crushed by this.  This man was not only my employer for a year, but a hero of a luthier to me, and just an all around good man.  I was not aware that he had been sick, if so.  My condolences to Annie, Sandy, Sean, & the rest of the Warmoth family.

Is there any news on this, links?

Hi everyone. I have been getting a lot of messages and inquiries today, so I figured I would post a quick acknowledgement.

Yes, Ken did pass away on Wednesday. I will avoid saying any more until next week when I have a chance to talk with his family and see what their wishes are.

We are all immensely saddened by his passing, but it will have no effect on the Warmoth company's day-to-day operations, or its vision going forward. The company is in very capable hands. Ken had already been retired for many years. His daughter now owns the company, and has been in charge since about 2012 or so.

I'm very sorry. 

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tribnet/obituary.aspx?n=kenneth-j-warmoth&pid=194642157

Back