Redshifter and Meadowhawk

Cactus Jack said:
Can we get a few more pics? Heck, why not roll out the full unveil?

Well...at the moment it's because the entire company is shutdown for a month due to a government order closing all non-essential businesses. We had planned to unveil them at the end of April, but seeing as how we won't be permitted to return to work until May 5 at the earliest, that isn't going to happen. Once the length of the shutdown and the fact that we were going to miss our release date became clear, I backed off on the teasers.

However, all our magazine ads for them are already in motion and can't be stopped, so it's likely you'll see them in magazines before they are available for sale. Ugh.

Oh well....what are you gonna do but adapt and overcome?

The Aaron said:
However, all our magazine ads for them are already in motion and can't be stopped, so it's likely you'll see them in magazines before they are available for sale. Ugh.

Two things....
1) What is a ....mm..ma...maga.zine?  Am I saying that right?  :)

2) If someone wanted to be on the lookout for said....print publication......where would someone...need to constantly and obsessively refresh in order to try and catch a glimpse of these things?

rookosu said:
Two things....
1) What is a ....mm..ma...maga.zine?  Am I saying that right?  :)

2) If someone wanted to be on the lookout for said....print publication......where would someone...need to constantly and obsessively refresh in order to try and catch a glimpse of these things?

LOL. Believe me....we're **this** close to pulling the plug on print.

Premier Guitar is our magazine of choice. All their DYI content seems most aimed at our customers.

Out-f'ing-standing!  Really look forward to the "reveal".  Hoping this evolves to Warmoth selling bodies/necks on this template.

I have the first five Meadowhawks sitting three feet from my desk. They turned out amazing, and I am so proud of them. First five Redshifters have been marooned on production for eight weeks, and will probably remain there for another eight, due to you know what. Once that set of five is done, I have the necks and bodies for the next five of each ready to go. These probably won't be release until at least summer now.

Major bummer, but we have to put 100% of our capacity towards filling paid orders right now. Our daily sale totals remain WAY higher than normal. By summer, the showcase is going to be empty. Not kidding. We don't have the manufacturing capacity to replenish it and keep up with custom orders.

The Aaron said:
Major bummer, but we have to put 100% of our capacity towards filling paid orders right now. Our daily sale totals remain WAY higher than normal. By summer, the showcase is going to be empty. Not kidding. We don't have the manufacturing capacity to replenish it and keep up with custom orders.
I'd rather hear this than that there aren't orders enough to keep the doors open. When things settle down, Warmoth will still be here supplying great parts for us. :icon_thumright:

Rgand said:
The Aaron said:
I'd rather hear this than that there aren't orders enough to keep the doors open. When things settle down, Warmoth will still be here supplying great parts for us. :icon_thumright:

On this, I heartily agree.  :icon_thumright:

Me too, I'm so glad you have back orders, the alternative is horrible.   

Rick said:

Yes, agreed. Hyper-growth kills companies too, but all things being equal I would rather be drowning in orders than drowning in debt.

At some point soon this tidal wave has got to end, either because people have spent their free money and gone back to work, or because the showcase shelves are empty. Either way, a major lull is coming by summer.

The Aaron said:
Rick said:

Either way, a major lull is coming by summer.

and that's when I'll place my order for a jade green sparkle telecaster.  Mwahahahahaha!!!

And I'll place an order for 500 Meadowhawks.    Ohh, by the way, can anybody loan me $1,250,000.

PhilHill said:
And I'll place an order for 500 Meadowhawks.    Ohh, by the way, can anybody loan me $1,250,000.

Sure if you can provide 1000% interest up front in 12 easy installments. I will then broker a deal with Warmoth to get you a free Redshift thrown in... :icon_biggrin:

stratamania said:
PhilHill said:

Sure if you can provide 1000% interest up front in 12 easy installments. I will then broker a deal with Warmoth to get you a free Redshift thrown in... :icon_biggrin:

:laughing11: :laughing11: :laughing11: :laughing11:............What? Wait.....A Free Redshifter............. :icon_scratch:

PhilHill said:
stratamania said:
PhilHill said:

:laughing11: :laughing11: :laughing11: :laughing11:............What? Wait.....A Free Redshifter............. :icon_scratch:

You will have to hurry but if we can make this happen there may also be a free T Shirt and a few picks thrown in...

Prior to the covid we had completed the first five Meadowhawks. They have been sitting four feet from my desk for months now. I've gently played each one, and they are awesome. I've also had the assembly packs for the remaining 35 guitars....pickups, strap buttons, bridges, all the necessary hardware, etc laid out in bags on the floor next to my desk for this whole time.

Prior to the covid we also had the first five Redshifters in production. We've had to table those due to the massive backlog of work the last few months. Ironically, I just got first word they were moving again today.

I have the next five necks and bodies for each model also sitting next to my desk, ready to go, but with the continued massive backlog and the possibility of another shutdown looming, who knows when they might leave.

As with so many of our 40th Anniversary plans, all I can say at this point is "they will be when they're done".

Back