Redshifter and Meadowhawk

aarontunes

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Staff member
I'm at home for two weeks, and I've been given permission to do whatever I want, so....

91277918_10159833005868289_2524002866536906752_o.jpg

Hendrix said:
that is maple inlays ?

Nope. Inlaying Maple on Rosewood would be problematic, because Maple needs to be finished or else it will turn dirty after a while.

Oh, that's nice! I particularly like the inlaid strip down the center to accent the markers. Mmmmmmm-hmmmh!

Keep at it.  :icon_thumright:

Aaron, am I dreaming or is the heel shape different in this picture? Is this finally the modern contoured heel??!

If I can ask, what is a Meadowhawk? I've seen two threads on it but I can't find such a product on the Warmoth site.

satchurator said:
Aaron, am I dreaming or is the heel shape different in this picture? Is this finally the modern contoured heel??!

You are not dreaming.

I AM a robot said:
If I can ask, what is a Meadowhawk? I've seen two threads on it but I can't find such a product on the Warmoth site.

Redshift is one method astronomers use to determine if celestial bodies are moving closer or further away from Earth. It has to do with how the observable light spectrum changes due to the Doppler effect. It is the opposite of blueshift.

Meadowhawk is second, and one might say more romantic (as if it's even needed), name for a dragonfly.

Both of those names also happen to belong to a limited run of fully-built guitars Warmoth is releasing to celebrate it's 40th anniversary. Both guitars feature completely original designs, top-shelf components and hardware throughout, and a host of options not available on any other Warmoth products.

So I was right when I thought I saw a light line in the neck on your video. I wasn't imagining things  :icon_thumright:

Cactus Jack said:
Hendrix said:
so look like Canary inlays.

Maybe White Korina?

I think The Aaron acknowledged that it's canary above; but to address the white korina guess - like mahogany, korina/limba is quite porous and requires a finish, or it'll get all gunky.

Counting the days...

@Aaron. I'm hoping that you all are considering offering the new body shapes as a product. Yes?

I'm excited to see the entire guitar. From the snapshot, I'm picking up an Ibanez tribal barbwire vibe. Very interested to see the trem. I'm already in love with the rounded heel. 

Back