Red Tele

Look pretty slick, I'm kind of a sucker for teles with humbuckers.  Something about messing with a classic design I suppose. :rock-on:

Thanks for all the good words, it's pretty unanimous, it came out looking great if I may say so myself. I'm almost through polishing, hope to have her up and running for the weekend, got a two-nighter and would love to bust this one out.

NonsenseTele said:
Looks evil!  :evil4:

Nonsense, I took your advice and dyed the headstock to match the body.
Evil indeed!

I was thinking the black hardware would be sweet on red, and it is.  Beautiful build.  Are you going to do a push/pull for that pup?  That would give you series/parallel at least, and help with clean tones (if you want them).  Seriously, that thing looks sick! :headbang1:

Hey ildar, how's this for a skull plate.... :headbang1:
2570822606_1c6dee771b.jpg

DangerousR6 said:
Hey ildar, how's this for a skull plate.... :headbang1:
2570822606_1c6dee771b.jpg

That's killer! My singer and I have a little bit of a privvate joke going with the whole skull thing. I won't bore everyone here with the details, but she'll love that, as I do. PM me.

ice man said:
I was thinking the black hardware would be sweet on red, and it is.  Beautiful build.  Are you going to do a push/pull for that pup?  That would give you series/parallel at least, and help with clean tones (if you want them).  Seriously, that thing looks sick! :headbang1:

Well, at the moment the pup is a EMG 81, so no push-pull. However, I see a pickup change in the very near future (tonight maybe), so a push-pull might be in the cards.

Back