Red dye quilted jazz bass

Galaxy217

Received my body and neck on the 12th of April. Body is jazz bass maple quilt top with maple core wood (yes it's heavy). Finish is red dye with gloss. Rear rout. Neck is 3a flame maple with 3a flame finger board. No line fretless with black side dots.

Attachments

• 20220414_125716.jpg
    20220414_125716.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 171
  • 20220418_094514.jpg
    20220418_094514.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 162
  • 20220418_094459.jpg
    20220418_094459.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 141
Very cool looking bass, but you won't be able to play it as there are no reference lines! :laughing7:

Very nice quilt top and colour.

Finished maple fretless AFAIK is not too common on fretless basses?

Very nice bass.

Not particularely found usually of Maple Fretless (I usually prefer Ebony), but in this case it works perfectly and it is beautifull. Congractulations.

stratamania said:

I don't think I've ever seen a lighter wood used on a fretless. I would imagine people either copy the upright aesthetic or it's due to the darker woods standing up to string abrasion better? But beyond that as long as the finish is right for the strings he's using it should work well no matter the wood.

Either way it looks top notch and it's nice to see something unique.

BeagJon said:
stratamania said:

I don't think I've ever seen a lighter wood used on a fretless. I would imagine people either copy the upright aesthetic or it's due to the darker woods standing up to string abrasion better? But beyond that as long as the finish is right for the strings he's using it should work well no matter the wood.

Either way it looks top notch and it's nice to see something unique.

Hence my question, mainly on how durable it might be.

I don't think ebony for example used on violins, cellos, upright bass and later fretless bass is for aesthetic reasons so much but rather for proven durability.

oh man I can tell that is a beauty even though the pictures are potato quality haha! That top is wild and warmoth's dye jobs are so killer, the green on my mooncaster is super vibrant. The bright maple fretless fingerboard is a nice contrast.

Post some pictures in better lighting and a better camera if you've got one, I would love to see it better!

Back