recent addition P/J

datsgor

This is one I finished about a month ago.....swamp ash, clear red....maple/rosewood neck and seymore duncan pup's. It is a heavy one.....10lbs.  not what i was going after.....too much for these old shoulders... :-\ anyway.... it's good for recording.
IMG_09252.jpg

Cool! I love it!
I'm contemplating a very similar build when the money permits it. Are the Qp p-bass pickups as good as I think? Any special wiring or just V/V/T?

Thanks........I am moving away from the Q-P's, because I am really into more of a vintage/mid sound these days. The Q's are very big on lows and highs. I have had them for years and always loved them, but, like I mentioned, they are not for me know. :icon_scratch: The controls are VVT....simple. It's what I am used too. I am thinking of going with a V/B/T on at least one of my basses....i seem to think it might be easier playing live...adjusting the volume for different songs......but i am lazy...so it's VVT right now :tard: John

Yeah, I have the J-bass version of the QP pickups, not much of the classic j-bass sound left. If I put QP's on the new project they will have to go.
and again, love the basses!

VERY clean! I'm surprised it weighs in at 10lbs. Also, like you, I've come full circle back to vintage pups. Nice axe!

Nice build! Great finish and I like the black hardware! Cheers!  :eek:ccasion14:  :guitarplayer2:

Back