Received my very first Warmoth today !

Holy cow. idk why but I just freaking love this guitar. I think this is in my top5 iv seen on the board.

I would throw some Blue DiMarzio Pups in that baby!

Thank you, thank you, thank you !

Muscle cars were definitely an inspiration. Always loved those vintage car colors.

Blue pickups would absolutely be killer, but 'unfortunately' I'm using Suhr pickups and two FL Classic singlecoils and a DSV humbucker for the bridge go in there and Suhr doesn't do any colors. So they've got to be black as well :).

Sweeeeeeeeeet, it's got a floyd..... :headbang:

And please don't kill the kittens...

Vegababy said:
Muscle cars were definitely an inspiration.

kind of funny, my tele deluxe was pretty heavily influenced by my dad's old '72 duster. always loved the color of that car, and found that lake placid blue was pretty similar. i think of tele deluxes and HSH or HSS strats as the muscle cars of guitars. no frills or crazy features. just solidly built, hard workers, and beautiful machines.

maybe i'm reading into these guitars too much  :icon_biggrin:

JaySwear said:
Vegababy said:
Muscle cars were definitely an inspiration.

kind of funny, my tele deluxe was pretty heavily influenced by my dad's old '72 duster. always loved the color of that car, and found that lake placid blue was pretty similar. i think of tele deluxes and HSH or HSS strats as the muscle cars of guitars. no frills or crazy features. just solidly built, hard workers, and beautiful machines.

maybe i'm reading into these guitars too much  :icon_biggrin:
You're absolutely correct. These old muscle cars are a bit like hot rodded Strats and Teles and today's plastic cars are a bit like Ibanez (sorry Ibanez lovers :) )

DangerousR6 said:
Sweeeeeeeeeet, it's got a floyd..... :headbang:
And it's getting the full treatment...huge brass block from Floyd Upgrades, silent springs and a Tremol-No. That thing's gonna be serious when it comes to tremolo action  :headbang:

Relating muscle cars to guitars.....anyone familiar with the Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray Bass?  They remind me of a muscle cars.  They're big, heavy, built like a tank and all horsepower.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Relating muscle cars to guitars.....anyone familiar with the Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray Bass?  They remind me of a muscle cars.  They're big, heavy, built like a tank and all horsepower.

they're like a stingray corvette of basses. not just because of the name, but the body reminds me of the big front end of the corvette. mainly the big distinct fenders

Relating muscle cars to guitars.....anyone familiar with the Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray Bass?  They remind me of a muscle cars.  They're big, heavy, built like a tank and all horsepower.

and dont forget the "hit you in the nuts and heart" rumble ;)

Schlieren said:
"Silent" tremolo springs???  :eek:

Pray tell what be these contraptions???
These work quite well:

http://floydupgrades.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=74&products_id=200

I like how the ruler you can get at "lots of places" but you can only get scissors at IKEA.
Shows what he knows, IKEA stuff is junk...

Back