Received my very first Warmoth today !

vegababy

Well...it's been a while deciding the exact features and all, but today I received it  !

All custom build:

Alder Strat SSH body with Schaller Floyd (yes, I prefer it over the originals), side jack, contoured heel, daphne blue

Flame maple neck, dark rosewood fretboard, 6100 frets, wolfgang contour, daphne blue matching peghead, vintage tint gloss

Parts are black Schaller Floyd, black pickguard, one volume black dome knob, black football side jack.

Haven't got the pickups and the tuners yet (the order came quicker than I thought). These are gonna be Suhrs and HipShots.

I've been playing since over 25 years and profesionally for around 15. Worked as a session musician and freelance clinician for various big name companies...so I've played A LOT of guitars over the years to the point where I wanted something custom...hence the warmoth order. Neck pocket fits perfectly etc...but the thing that stunned me the most is the neck. Wow..., 'only' went for regular flame maple, but it's HUGE. Not sure I've seen a neck like that on guitars that cost 5 times as much :). Maybe it's because of the vintage tint gloss, but the flame almost looks 3D when you move the neck...really incredible and even my girlfriend who's not really interested in guitars said 'wow, that looks incredible'. Really happy ! The wolfgang contour (as far as I can tell from 'dry' feeling it) feels great and seems to have been the perfect choice for me.

Pictures ?...

Well I took some, but the light in my studio where I unpacked it is pretty dim, so they don't look that great, ok, but not as good as in person. Maybe I'll see if some 'lightening them up' in photoshop helps, but then again, it's not such an unusual build which someone needs desperately to see.

Big thanks to Warmoth. My second build is already in planning :) !

Deniedpics.jpg

Right...the pics I took yesterday were simply too dark. Here are a few new ones, not that much better, but it should do it for now...

Neck2b.jpg

Neck3b.jpg

Neck1b.jpg

Body1b.jpg

Body2b.jpg

Full2b.jpg

love the neck...not my 1st choice for color but should be a cool build.

glad to see the kitten is OK too.

dmraco said:
love the neck...not my 1st choice for color but should be a cool build.

glad to see the kitten is OK too.
Thanks ! Yeah, she asked to be in the picture to prove that she's still ok after one night of no pictures posting :).

In reality the neck looks just incredible. It's impossible (at least for me) to show how 3D it really looks. Yeah...color is definitely a taste thing. I can't really get myself to buy anything else than Sonic or Daphne Blue :).

Vegababy said:
Btw...does anyone know what the '313' in the neck pocket stands for ?

it is a biblical scripture...WARMOTH 3:13....on the 8th day GOD created the guitar...
teu35.gif

Seriously it is probably just a QC stamp...I am sure one of the WARMOTH folk would know...

It may just be an item number for reference and only makes sense to them.  My necks and bodies have been numbered, but there didn't seem to be a ryhme or reason about it.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
It may just be an item number for reference and only makes sense to them.  My necks and bodies have been numbered, but there didn't seem to be a ryhme or reason about it.

Those are just production numbers.  (Not serial numbers.)

that looks awesome!! i'm normally not a fan of matching headstocks, but the daphne blue on that is just plain badass. and especially paired with that black pikcguard. just wow.

JaySwear said:
that looks awesome!! i'm normally not a fan of matching headstocks, but the daphne blue on that is just plain badass. and especially paired with that black pikcguard. just wow.
Thanks very much ! White was another choice of mine, but I hate it when they yellow over the years. Might look cool on a vintage styled guitar, but this one is vintage styled from another decade where yellowing doesn't work too well IMHO :) . I wished Warmoth's Daphne Blue would have been a tiny bit lighter, but it's cool as it is. Guitars always look strange without pickups as well, but these are on order and probably won't be here before christmas...

I never realized that shade of blue with all black hardware and pick guard could look so mean. Great choice IMO. :icon_thumright:

Back